To ensure the Bank’s designated strategic projects and programs are delivered within specified timelines, budget, scope, acceptance criteria and supervise the work of project managers.
- Serve diligently as chairperson of project/program working committees and secretary of project/program steering committees.
- Manage kick-off workshops with the objective of determining project objectives, scope, approach, organization, controls and governance framework
- Develop project plans with a comprehensive list of all envisaged activities, milestones, deliverables and their corresponding ownership.
- Manage the definition and approval of business requirements and the business case
- Estimate resources, budget and participants required to achieve the project goals and motivate for their allocation
- Establish relevant governance and communication structures for all designated projects and programs
- Manage project risks, issues, dependencies and assumptions by ensuring clear ownership of risk events and timely escalation to appropriate level of management where necessary
- Communicate progress to all relevant stakeholders, monitor progress against the project plan and institute corrective measures in the event of any deviations
- Manage changes to project scope, budget, timelines and acceptance criteria in line with the agreed process
- Facilitate the development of the testing strategy and plan and organize relevant testing resources e.g. testing environment, facilities etc.
- Oversee the execution of system integration and user acceptance testing and obtain sign offs of testing results
- Facilitate project closure workshops and ensure lessons learned are identified and used to improve future practices
- Develop and agree with relevant stakeholders on an appropriate project benefits management framework and subsequently oversee a smooth handover of the framework to the designated benefits manager
- Ensure an effective maintenance and support model is established and handed over to those responsible for its operation
- Produce project closure reports and secure approvals from relevant executives
- Provide leadership and direction, mentoring, coaching, training, motivating and performance management over designated project managers.
- Guide the designated project managers in adhering with the provisions of the established project governance framework and management methodology.
Skills and Knowledge
- Understanding of banking processes and business process re-engineering.
- Understanding of banking systems.
- Business Analysis skills.
- Interpersonal and customer service skills.
- A proven self-starter with ability to work under high pressure environment.
- Planning, organization and multitasking skills.
- Report writing and presentation skills.
- People management skills.
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Information and Communication Technologies (ICT), Business Administration, Project Management or related fields.
- Certification in one of the recognized project management methodologies e.g. PMP; AgilePM; PGMP; PRINCE2; and Business analysis, e.g. CBAP.
- Sound project management, business analysis background and practical application in a busy large corporate setting with at least 5 years’ experience in management of significant projects and programs.
NMB Bank Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 14 working days of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted.
“NMB Bank Plc does not charge any fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it”.
The deadline for submitting the application is 3rd November 2020