Position: Senior Records Management Clerk (1 post)
Reports to: Project leader
Work station: Dar es Salaam
Apply by: December 14, 2020
Ifakara Health Institute (IHI) is a leading research organization in Africa with a strong track record in developing, testing and validating innovations for health. Driven by a core strategic mandate for research, training and services, the Institute’s work now spans a wide spectrum, covering biomedical and ecological sciences, intervention studies, health-systems research and policy translation.
IHI is looking for a Senior Records Management Clerk. The position requires a person who will work with the TB Clinic in supporting a study at the Mwananyamala Regional Referral Hospital in Dar es Salaam to take and keep records of the study participants, plan and coordinate logistics for the recruited study participants. The individual is also required to maintain close professional relationship with the government officials in the study area and to ensure enough supplies for daily activities of the study.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare, print and maintain key official documents at the Mwananyamala TB Clinic.
- Ensure all study related forms are properly and accurately filed.
- Update recruitment logs and coordinate storage of the logs in secured environment.
- Prepare participant files, including ensuring there is enough laboratory commodities in the sample collection room at the clinic.
- Oversee patient compensation and transportation of patients from satellite sites.
- Respond to queries, concerns and issues raised by the supervisor/principal investigator or a monitor.
- Ensure that participant’s privacy and confidentiality are maintained.
- Oversee all field activities done at the site.
- Communicate with other study staff regularly at scheduled meetings and active participation in all meetings.
- Provide health education to the study participants.
- Ensure the study is done according to the working protocol and adherence to the ICH Guidelines of Good Clinical Practice (GCP).
- Maintain close professional relationship with the government officials in the study area.
- Oversee that the study site is properly arranged and has enough supplies for daily activities.
- Work in a professional and ethical manner with competence, accountability and integrity.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Qualification and Experience
A diploma in records management.
Skills and Competencies
- GCP qualifications, experience in clinical research including maintaining medical records.
- Moderate computer skills including Ms Office tools i.e., Word, Excel, etc.
- Team working skills.
- Self-motivated and high focus attitude to work.
- Adhere to IHI core values.
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates as per IHI Salary scales for scientists.
IHI is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit intentional biases or discrimination and harassment of any kind at the work place and during recruitment. All employment decisions are based solely on job requirements and individual qualifications, and our recruitment process is governed by the labour laws of Tanzania.
Mode of Application
All candidates who meet the above job requirements should send their application letters together with their detailed curriculum vitae (CVs) showing contact addresses including email, telephone/cell phone numbers and copies of academic and professional certificates to the address below.
The deadline for this application is: December 14, 2020.
All e-mail application subject lines should include: Senior Records Management Clerk – Dar.
Human Resources Manager,
Ifakara Health Institute,
Kiko Avenue, Mikocheni,
P. o. Box 78373,
Dar es Salaam
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.