IntraHealth International is seeking a Senior Regional Software Engineer in Tanzania to lead and support various digital health product software development.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Project management
- Lead complex software development activities with minimum day-to-day supervision from HQ
- Lead requirements gathering and documentation by working with and managing other engineers, designers, and program staff
- Manage software development process, including design, prototyping, documentation, testing, coding, deployment, bug fixes, site improvements, and enhancements
- Write efficient code using current web technologies and conduct source code reviews to assure quality and functionality, and optimize site code for maximum speed and scalability
- Represent IntraHealth to clients as needed for day-to-day management and monitoring of project implementation
- Significantly contribute to the project design in the area of digital technologies and technical assistance
- Technology Solution Leadership
- Use innovative techniques to solve challenging technical problems under diverse circumstances
- Deploy and maintain software on Linux servers and cloud platforms
- Produce technologies with awareness of the user experience that is used under poor or unreliable network conditions with asynchronous processing
Advancement of Technical Knowledge
- Maintain and expand knowledge of existing and new technologies and how they can be used to solve a wide variety of technical challenges
- Maintain and expand knowledge of existing deployment platforms
- Talent Development
- Mentor and coach junior developers to build high-quality Open Source software, that interoperates with other software using Open Standards
- Support Open communities using developed software
- Bachelor’s degree in CS/EE + 8 years of relevant experience or Master’s degree (preferred) + 6 years of relevant experience
- Experience with SQL, NoSQL and XML databases and data exchange standards like FHIR, CSD, and mCSD.
- Experience deploying and maintaining software on local Linux servers and on cloud platforms in low-bandwidth environments
Preferred Education or Experience
5+ years of experience in front and back-end web development with 3+ years leading software development projects
Why Join IntraHealth?
IntraHealth International is a global health nonprofit that has worked for more than 40 years in over 100 countries. We improve the performance of health workers and strengthen the systems in which they work so that everyone everywhere has the health care they need to thrive.
IntraHealth’s programs generate long-term social and economic impact to keep communities around the world healthy, strong, and prosperous. And our dynamic staff are passionate about global health and committed to excellence.
Join us. The future of global health starts here.
Summary of Benefits
IntraHealth International, Inc. is a great place to work and prides itself on its comprehensive benefits package. We offer competitive salaries and a dynamic inclusive work environment which supports health workers so they can improve the lives of people throughout the world.
IntraHealth International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, and requires affirmative action to ensure equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is also to include inquiry about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.