Senior Specialist; Database Administration
Installations, configurations and maintenance of multiple high-available database models, also support implementation projects which mostly includes migration of databases to other platforms.
- Administer, proactively monitor and troubleshoot 24×7 production environment database servers and associated infrastructure.
- Provide recommendations on database architecture, design and implementations.
- Design and implement policies and procedures for disaster recovery and data archiving to ensure effective protection and integrity of data assets.
- Plan and coordinate data migrations between systems.
- Technical leadership responsibilities of database projects across various teams in the organization.
- Ensuring availability of all organization databases.
- Ensure all database servers are managed to Recovery Point Objectives (RPO) and Recovery Time Objectives (RTO).
- Implement and proactively monitor all databases to predict and diagnose the majority of problems before they impact application performance or user experience.
- Monitor and report on resource intensive applications and suggest ways to improve performance.
- Conduct performance tuning of database, troubleshooting, and capacity planning of disk space, memory and connections.
- Take ownership of issues, work independently or escalate as needed, and find creative ways to resolve problems.
- Manage and maintain vendor relationships for service, support, and troubleshooting issues.
- Provide training and documentation for knowledge transfer to other database team members.
- In-depth knowledge of database management (Installation, creation of new instances, space management , database reorganization, backup and recovery, performance monitoring and troubleshooting, identification of bottlenecks in locks, waits).
- Strong working knowledge of databases with relevant certifications.
- Good understanding of security standards and best practices; Excellent problem solving skills.
- Maintaining high-availability database environments (Always-On, Clustering, Mirroring, Replication, Log-shipping).
- Troubleshooting and performance tuning; Technical documentation skills.
- Oracle Database Machine Administration (DMA) skills.
- Oracle ZFS Storage Appliance and Exadata Storage Administration.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or any other related discipline.
- Relevant professional certifications including Oracle 12C Certified Professional (OCP) or higher.
- 5+ years of DBA experience in Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, Maria DB, Postgress or other commercial/open source database platforms.
- Experience with migrating mission critical database environments from one platform to another.
- Experience working with high availability, disaster recovery and server tuning strategies including parameters, resources, contention, etc.
- Experience with Replication, Log Shipping, Change Data Capture and Database Mirroring.
- Experience in Operating Systems administration; Linux, Unix, Solaris and Windows.
NMB Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 14 working days of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted.
“NMB Bank Plc does not charge any fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it”.
Deadline: 17 August, 2020