Senior Specialist; Insurance Claim at NMB Tanzania
To manage all claim payments and attend the customer complaints as per agreed timelines for both general and life insurance products, and ensure the Bank is covered at all times with the risk arising from collaterals.
- Responsible for all life and general insurance claims
- Oversee the embedded life and general insurance claim portfolio
- Insurance claim management to ensure all bank assets are recovered within 90 days.
- Responsible for the claim procedures on all insurance products
- Supervise all the claim team provided and manage the relationship with insurers claim teams
- Being proactive to identify claim issues and resolve them timely; Co-ordinate training on claims
- Manage relationships with customers, branch and other stake holders
- Responsible for all the obligation of specified persons as described in the Bancassurance regulations with regards to claims and customer protection
- Responsible for managing all the risks that may arise to the bank from selling general insurance products
- Responsible for development of quicker and safe ways of claim settlement
- Consolidate and prepare monthly reports on claim performance for each insurer
- Reconcile on claims paid against what was claimed in numbers and amount.
- A comprehensive knowledge on general insurance and life products
- Knowledge on banks products
- A good understanding of legislation related to Banc Assurance and channel delivery
- Greater understanding of product life cycle
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Good interpersonal and networking skills
Qualifications and Experience
- A degree in Insurance business, risk management; Master’s Degree/Post graduate in similar field will be an added advantage
- Any certification course or training in risk management and insurance business is a highly valued added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years of working experience in insurance business with a reputable company; 3 years of working experience at a managerial role
- Underwriting, claims and sales experience on insurance products
NMB Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 14 working days of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted.
“NMB Bank Plc does not charge any fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it”.