To ensure that technology infrastructure, storage and compute capacity meet current and future business requirements. Responsible for the design, installation, maintenance, and administration of the server, storage, backup and virtualization Technologies.
- Responsible for monitoring storage and compute capacity needs and develop short- and long-term plan to meet current and future business needs.
- Ensure enterprise scalability and performance for Servers, storage and backup environments through proactive capacity planning, performance control and configuration adjustment.
- Identifies and recommends appropriate changes to infrastructure to improve capacity, performance, reliability availability and security.
- Manage and maintain the operations of Servers infrastructures including planning, installation, configuration, maintenance, monitoring, troubleshooting, problem resolution, business continuity, backups and system level security.
- Maintain documentation of configuration, operation and troubleshooting procedures of Infrastructure.
- To ensure all business application are backed up as per the Backup and restoration policy and procedure of organization.
- Create strategies, roadmaps, and standards for all technologies in scope.
- Diagnose and resolve problems spanning across both the compute, storage and virtualization stacks.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive documentation of systems, services, processes, and procedures.
- Collaborate with application support and project teams to better understand customer needs and build infrastructure solutions accordingly.
- Performs servers and operating systems administration functions, including configuring, installing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading hardware and operating systems.
- Performs Storages administration functions, including monitoring, provisioning, resizing, maintaining and upgrading/Patching hardware and software.
- Proactively manages and troubleshoots storage environment, including capacity planning/availability, quotas, and snapshots to optimize performance.
- Manages enterprise backup/restore of critical business systems/services and performs periodic audits and restore testing.
- Works with local and remote vendors to resolve technical system problems in a timely manner and as per SLA.
- Perform day to day monitoring of the IT Infrastructure and ensure all systems are available and performing as per business needs.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information & Communication Technology or relevant academic field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working with IT systems with hands on exposure in backup, storage, virtualization and servers.
- Preferred professional certifications such as ITIL, CDCMP, VCP, Storage – Dell/EMC, HPE, Netapp Certifications and other industry recognized IT certifications.
- Experience in planning, deployment, configuration and administration of virtual environment preferable VMware.
- Strong working knowledge of CI&HCI environment with Dell EMC and VMware platform.
- Experience in storage administration specifically working with Dell EMC, Netapp, IBM, Oracle.
- Experience with various Replication and backup technologies such as Veeam, Data Protection Manager and Recovery point for VM.
- Proficiency in Data Centre hardware, software and/or operating systems environments.
- Demonstrate strong knowledge on Windows server, Linux and Unix operating systems.
- Knowledgeable in technology infrastructure demand and capacity management.