Oversee and support unified communication infrastructure (Data, Voice, Video & IM, audio and video Conference, presentation) to satisfy business and customer’s requirements (flexibility, availability, performance, security and continuous improvement).
- Manage multiple unified communications infrastructure projects and operational tasks.
- Responsible for design, staging, configuration, implementation, and support for VoIP & Contact center systems and configurations installations as necessary.
- Configure and maintain LAN and WAN for voice services.
- Install, configure, upgrade and troubleshoot Cisco unified infrastructure applications.
- Coordinate and maintain different IP Telephony enhancements, Unified collaboration systems, Presentations and Audio Visual facilities.
- Install and maintain Unified Communications Systems (CUCM, CUC, UCCX, IMP, AQM) applications.
- Configure and maintain standard QoS templates across all network devices.
- Provide the support to UCS operations across the network.
- Provides world-class customer service to internal and external customers.
- Performs analysis of unified communications needs and contributes to design of network architecture, integration and installation.
- Monitors and maintains Unified Communication Systems and makes necessary recommendations for additional resources or hardware augmentations.
- Prepares and maintains UCS configurations documentation and changes.
- Conduct research and propose appropriate recommendations on unified communication products, services, protocols, and standards in support of user experience continuous improvements.
- Provide periodic capacity & forecast planning statistics and periodic reports to aid in management decisions.
- Consult with the management and design access policy for the acceptable use of the unified communications services.
- Prepare and maintain spare part lists, monitor inventory and ensure that all the critical parts for unified communications systems is always available for fault repair and emergency requirements.
- Review and Support unified communications enhancement of the existing infrastructure through periodic upgrades (hardware & software).
Experience, Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related academic field.
- 5+ years of Cisco technical experience, including design, implementation and support of Cisco Unified Communications solutions.
- Extensive hands on experience on ACD and IVR solutions.
- Valid CCNP Collaboration certificate is preferred.
- Other Collaboration Professional Certifications (ie Certified Video Conferencing Engineer, Cisco Video Network Specialist) are an added advantage.
- Knowledge/ Experience of H.323, H248, MGCP and SIP.
- Knowledge / Experience of Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) and IP trucking concepts, topology design – VoIP media RTP/RTCP.
- Expertise with Signaling Protocols – ISDN, CAS, Analogue, T1/E1 PRI and E and M.
- Experience / Knowledge of compression algorithms – G729, G711, G722 etc.
- Extensive experience configuring, implementing and troubleshooting QoS.
- Experience supporting Call Centers, including setup, configuration and troubleshooting of toll-free numbers desirable.
- Strong knowledge of voice, video and data switches and routers, telecommunications protocols and standards, voice and data infrastructure tools and services, QoS design and operation.