FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff include experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries. Currently, we are seeking suitably qualified candidates to fill in Senior Technical Officer – Knowledge Management and Communication in Dar es salaam for its EpiC project in Tanzania.
The Meeting Targets and Maintaining Epidemic Control (EpiC) is a 5 year global project funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), dedicated to achieving and maintaining HIV epidemic control. The project provides strategic technical assistance and direct service delivery to break through barriers to 95-95-95 and promote self-reliant management of national HIV programs by improving HIV case-finding, prevention, and treatment programming. In Tanzania, EpiC will be implementing an HIV service delivery project among key and priority populations, adolescent girls and young women; and orphans and vulnerable children which aims to reduce HIV infections in pursuit of reaching 95-95-95 goals. To achieve this goal, the program will support targeted prevention and case finding strategies at community level amongst the targeted populations.
The STO – Knowledge Management and Communication will lead the strategic planning, development, and coordination of communications activities that promote the objectives of the EpiC Tanzania project. He/She will coordinate knowledge-sharing activities among numerous stakeholders and help to ensure that the project’s progress, achievements, and results are communicated regularly and accurately to all relevant stakeholders. He/She will be responsible for working closely with the program teams to develop project-wide knowledge sharing systems, whether it be online, through social media, on digital platforms or in print.
Specific duties include:
- Collaborate with project staff to develop and implement an effective knowledge management and communications strategy that defines key audiences, priority deliverables, and dissemination channels;
- Provide technical expertise to develop and implement processes and tools for communication and knowledge-sharing;
- Provide publicity and promotional support for special events and community outreach activities;
- Collaborate with project partners and key stakeholders (Ministries of Health, USAID, implementing partners, etc.) to develop success stories, web and social media content, technical briefs, and other written deliverables.
- Prepare a variety of promotional and informational materials including articles, blog posts, bulletins, pamphlets and other project-related media material;
- Ensure that all project communications and deliverables have a consistent tone and voice, contain proper project branding, and relate to the project’s objectives and priorities;
- Disseminate information in targeted and creative ways;
- Develop internal newsletters, memos, and internal communications content for the project/organization;
- Organize and manage the successful execution of knowledge sharing events including webinars, workshops, conferences, and peer learning sessions;
- Monitor the project’s communications activities and look for opportunities to improve it;
- Work with senior leadership to help track the communications budget;
- Liaise with HQ-based EpiC Knowledge Management Director regarding opportunities and deliverables for promoting EpiC’s work in Tanzania globally;
- Support the Tanzania technical staff to document project methodologies, achievements, and results and, in collaboration with EpiC HQ, develop scientific abstracts and publications;
- Keep abreast of developments in the larger HIV/AIDS and KVP field.
- Take minutes and prepare detailed reports on key meetings and events;
- Take on such other tasks as delegated by the Technical Director
- Master’s Degree in Communications, Social Science, Journalism, or related field with 5 to 7 yrs of relevant experience in a communications role; Or Bachelor’s Degree Communications, Social Science, Journalism with 7 to 9 yrs of relevant experience in a communications role
- Knowledge of desktop publishing software (InDesign/Photoshop).
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Good time management and organizational skills
How to Apply:
FHI 360 has a competitive compensation package. Interested candidates may apply online by uploading his/her Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae (CV)/Resume, Photocopies of Certificates and Names and Addresses of three (3) referees
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.