Mbeya Water Supply and sanitation Authority (Mbeya WSSA) is an autonomous water supply organization mandated to provide water and sewerage disposal services within the urban area of Mbeya city. It was established in January 1998 under section 3 (1) of Act No.8 OF 1997, repealed by Act No.12 of 2009.
Vision: “To be an excellent Water Supply and Sanitation Authority in Tanzania in delivering portable, sufficient quality water supply and sanitation services.”
To adequately fulfill its objectives and in line with the expansion of activities Mbeya WSSA is now inviting applications from suitably qualified and self-motivated Tanzanians of high personal integrity to app y for the following positions;
SENIOR WATER NETWORK ENGINEER (1 Post)
Appointed by : Appointment. Disciplinary and Staff Development
Reports to : Technical Manager
Supervises : Junior Engineers
Employment Terms : Unspecified Period (Permanent and Pensionable)
Holders of Bachelor Degree or Advanced Diploma in Civil. Water Resources. Environmental or Sanitary Engineering from a recognized institution. Computer competence in engineering packages will be an added advantage with working experience of at least six (6) year and registered as a Professional engineer by Engineers Registration Board of Tanzania.
Key Result Areas (Duties and Responsibilities)
- To assist in survey, development and maintenance of water works
- To organize maintenance of water networks.
- To conduct periodic and regular inspection of the supply area and take appropriate remedial measures.
- To supervise the preparation and implementation of water works activities.
- To analyze causes for water loss and recommend accordingly.
- To review performance of water works and prepare necessary reports.
- To perform any other duties as may be assigned by relevant authority-
KEY COMPETENCES FOR ALL APPLICANTS
- Leadership and Team building
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- High level of commitment
- Computer literacy
- Applicant MUST be a Tanzanian
- Applicant Age should not be above 45 years
- Applicants who studied outside Tanzania should have a Certification from NECTA andTCU
- In Service Applicants should seek approval from their current employers
- Applications that dully fulfills these requirements will be considered invalid
MODE OF APPLICATION
- The qualified persons should submit (not by emails) their handwritten letters of application stating how they meet the advertised criteria attaching certified copies of relevant academic, personal curriculum vitae (CV) supported by professional certificates so as to reach the under mentioned not later than 04th December 2019 Applicants are also required to indicate the names and contacts of at least three (3) work / professional related referees.
- Applications which will not meet the stated qualification will NOT be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and shall be subjected to competency assessment and reference checking. Lobbying and Canvassing for appointment shall not be entertained and may work to the candidate’s disadvantage.
- Women are highly encouraged to apply.
The Managing Director
Mbeya Water Supply and Sanitation Authority
P.0 Box 2932,