Job title: Shift leader
• Manage his/her team, lead the shift towards achieving factory targets.
• Ensure a clean and safe work area.
• Supervise production line operations in accordance with plant policies and procedures.
• Responds quickly and practically to emergencies, crises, or unexpected problems during the shift.
• Coordinate with Human Resources for appropriate staffing levels.
• Train and coach shift employees; Conduct employee performance reviews.
• Schedule and conduct shift meetings.
• Responsible for shift schedule, including: employee training, vacations, breaks, overtime assignment, back-up for absent employees.
• Coordinate production startups, shutdowns, and changeovers.
• Responsible to meet shift production goals.
• Responsible for quality control, together with Plant’s Micro-Biologist. Makes adjustments as necessary during shift to produce product within specifications.
• Communicate with Plant Manager.
• Complete shift paperwork; Produce daily/weekly reports for management review and action taking
• Assist in production as necessary.
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualification & Experience
• Fluent in English, both speaking and writing
• At least 5 years of experience in Production management with proven achievements and experience of leading staff and achieve high team performance.
• Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
• Is capable of disciplining or reprimanding employees when necessary.
• Demonstrates ability to multitasking
• Manual dexterity required for operating machinery and computers.
• Experience in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering is an added advantage
TO APPLY CLICK HERE