Reports To: Finance Director
Serengeti Breweries Limited (SBL) is a fully integrated beverage business in Diageo Africa (supply and demand for beer and spirits). It is a subsidiary of East Africa Breweries Limited (EABL), the largest business unit in Diageo Africa and the largest listed Company on the NSE in Kenya. SBL was incorporated in 1988 as Associated Breweries Limited and changed its name to Serengeti Breweries Limited in 2002 and commenced commercial operations in 1996 with one brewery in Dar es Salaam.
The company was acquired by EABL in October 2010 and has three breweries located in Dar es Salaam, Mwanza and Moshi. SBL flagship brand is Serengeti Premium Lager. Other brand portfolios include Serengeti Lite, Tusker Lager, Kibo Gold, Pilsner and Senator. Headquartered in Dar es Salaam, SBL is also the distributor of several global Diageo international renowned spirit brands such as Johnnie Walker®, Smirnoff Vodka®, Bailey’s Irish Cream ®, Bond 7 Whiskey® and Gilbeys Gin®.
SBL operates in a competitive environment and in a vast geography. The main player in the beer industry is Tanzania Breweries Ltd which is a subsidiary of ABInBev. Inflation rates trend below 5% which is in-line with Country’s ambition and GDP is growing at an average of 6%.
Establish robust Management Environment together with the site management team members This position will work within the Finance team contributing towards the outputs/ targets of the department. This position also has responsibility for coaching and mentorship of the team members within the unit.
Purpose Of Role
To provide a dedicated management accounting and performance measurement service to the operations and logistics team involved in the manufacturing of beer and spirits. The supply business comprise of the operations and logistics, and each area has key controls that are necessary to mitigate against financial loss while providing financial visibility on packaging, brewing processes for both beer and spirits as well.
- Coordinate the monthly and annual stock counts across all stock categories. Ensure that all the stock variances are fully explained.
- Ensure that all raw materials and components used in the month are issued to process orders within the month.
- Ensure that the monthly stock variances are approved in line with SOA.
- Ensure that all stock accounts are fully reconciled to the GL and Physical stocks on monthly basis
- Monitor the status of stock obsolescence to ensure adequate provision is maintained
- Help drive delivery of reduced COGS through effective management accounting reviews.
- Assist and plan development of (Drive out Costs) programmes with site management team.
- Help drive visibility of costs through effective communication to management and line workers.
- Drive plant profitability by ensuring monthly site P&Ls are prepared, reviewed and actions tracked.
- A member of site leadership team and is expected to spearhead robust controls and compliant environment in the site.
Commercial responsibilities-Specific for the region
- Coordinate and consolidate accurate Stock in Trade and Depletions tracking for each distributor by brand for the region.
- Track and Analyze SFE metrics including collection of points of distribution by key brands
- Support the demand forecast submission to Sales Ops for the regions based on history and recent orders
- Analyze Customer and Route profitability
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Qualified CPA/ACCA/ACMA
- Bachelors degree in finance or accounting
- Proficient in the use of ERP systems especially SAP
- Sound people management skills, including the ability to motivate and challenge a team to deliver results
- Knowledge of all aspects of a finance function, including financial accounting and statutory reporting requirements.
- Extensive knowledge of Excel
- Experience of project costing and costing models Experience of working with staff at all levels in an organization