SME Relationship Officers (8 posts)
AccessBank Tanzania (ABT) is a commercial bank with a special focus on microfinance. With very strong international shareholders such as AccessHolding, International Finance Corporation (World Bank), KfW, African Development Bank and MicroVest. ABT’s vision is to be committed to the development of financial systems that support social progress by rendering services to all people with the same ambition for excellence and quality.
As one of the fastest-growing banks in Tanzania, we are offering excellent long-term career development opportunities for experienced and highly motivated professional applicants. In order to support our dynamic expansion process, we are looking forward to recruit self-motivated and enthusiastic individuals to join our Credit department as SME Relationship Officers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct planned and direct promotions/marketing of products and services offered by the bank
- Screen clients/applicants in regards to eligibility requirements for SME Loans
- Analyze the required client/applicant documentation and/or information accurately and in the correct format
- Present and justify credit proposals to the Credit Committee to gain approval Manage the SME loan disbursement process to include, but not limited to:
- Collateral is formalized – Legal is consulted when required o Loan documentation for disbursement
- Coordinate loan disbursement – Client & Credit Back office Portfolio Monitoring, to include:
- Repayment dates are monitored and adhered to
- Action on late repayments follow standard recovery procedures
- Proactively conduct pre and post monitoring visits to clients ensuring the clients ability to make repayments based on their financial and personal situations
- Comply with the bank’s related policies, procedures, processes, guidelines and regulations to include but not limited to:
- Credit Policy and Procedures o Conditions of Employment o Employee Code of Conduct o General HR policies & Procedures Take responsibility for accessing and being aware of information, policy changes, regulation changes via email, morning meetings and/or bank memos via the Branch Notice Board o Reports to SME Team Leader on daily portfolio development to include but not limited to:
- Overdue loans o Client applications o Analysis process o Credit proposals
- Individual loans and portfolio size
- At all times ensures that the needs of the clients are being addressed in a timely, professional and respectful manner
Requirements and Baseline Skills:
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in credit lending with Banks or Microfinance institutions preferably as a Microfinance Loan Officer or SME Loan Officer.
- Degree in Accounting, Banking and Finance, Business Administration or other related fields.
- Experience in regulatory compliances would be an added advantage
- Sound knowledge of Anti-money laundry and banking regulations
- Good knowledge of AccessBank products and services
- Immense ability to write or compose reports
- Ability to develop and maintain good relationships with clients.
- Good knowledge in using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Honest person with high integrity and independence who will observe professional ethics in executing his/her duties
- Ability and willingness to learn and improve continuously
Applications can be made through firstname.lastname@example.org
Human Resources Department,
Kijitonyama opposite Makumbusho village,
Derm House P.O BOX 95068 Dar Es Salaam.
DO NOT send applications more than once. Interested applicants can submit their application letter to HR Department not later than 08th February 2020.
Warning: Never Pay To Get A Job. Legitimate companies dont ask for money.