Social and Behavior Change Communication Technical Advisor (SBCC)
Reports to: Programs and Impact
Direct Supervisor: Project Director
Classification: Fixed term for 12 months.
Pathfinder International is a global leader in sexual and reproductive health. We place reproductive health care at the center of all that we do—believing that it is not only a fundamental human right, but is critical for expanding life opportunities for women, families, communities, and nations, and paving the way for transformations in environmental stewardship, decreases in population pressures, and innovations in poverty reduction. Pathfinder provides women, men, and adolescents with a range of quality health services—from contraception and maternal care to HIV prevention and AIDS care and treatment. Pathfinder strives to strengthen access to family planning, advocate for sound reproductive health policies, and, through all our work, improve the rights and lives of the people we serve.
Pathfinder has collaborated with the government of Tanzania on the development, refinement and establishment of health and community-based programs for FP, HIV/AIDS, and more recently maternal and new born health for more than 6 decades. In collaboration with the Government of Tanzania through MOHCDGEC Pathfinder is currently in the process of expanding comprehensive post abortion care program in Tanzania. The organization is now seeking a highly motivated, self-driven, and experienced Clinical Services Quality Advisor to support lead execution of this national level system strengthening program to enhance delivery of quality cPAC services in Tanzania. With a primary focus on service delivery, the project will improve the quality and availability of post-abortion care services in public sector health facilities of Tanzania. To support the service delivery focus of the project, Pathfinder will also collaborate with other key players at national level investing in service-seeking behaviors.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Programming Design, Planning and Implementation: Provides programmatic leadership in country programs or project. Works collaboratively with program and project staff to develop, plan, and manage activities smoothly and efficiently, and within Pathfinder’s operational policies and procedures. Leads in the design, development and implementation of innovative, effective, country appropriate programming for SRHR and SSCB to build and develop capacity of intended populations.
2. Project Management: Project Budget Tracking and Reporting: Works collaboratively with finance staff to prepare and track the progress of project and activity budgets.
3. Technical Assistance: Oversees technical assistance needed to execute project work plans, which may include external consultants. Provides technical assistance to country offices, host-country governments, local partners, and other agencies to assess needs and develop SRHR and SSCB standards and guidance, and/or provide SRHR and SSCB services that are responsive to the needs of intended populations.
4. Meeting Planning and Management: Ensures that the project management meeting and partnership coordination meetings are organized regularly and takes minutes of those meetings
5. Project Status Reporting: Ensures timely, accurate and appropriate reporting of program or project activities and results to the donors.
6. Shared Services: Facilitates delivery of administrative support for the Chief of Party by working collaboratively across the different directors and teams within the program and projects.
7. Networking and Branding: Represents the program and projects in professional circles through meetings, conferences and presentations when needed.
8. Coaching: Coaches and supports Country Directors on country capacity building model.
9. Project Management and Participation: Leads, manages or participates on cross-functional project teams.
Minimally Required Job-Specific Competencies:
- Country Specific Public Health System. Foundational knowledge of the assigned countries’ public health systems.
- Technical Expertise: Ability to provide SRHR and SSCB that meet or exceed the needs of the intended population.
- Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights Services: Advanced knowledge of family planning and reproductive health principles, practices and services of assigned program or project
- Program Planning and Management: Advanced skills developing strategic and tactical programming plans in cooperation with others who represent a wide range of interests and needs.
- Change Leadership: Ability to manage and lead change initiatives.
- New Business Development: Advanced skills in new business/resource development, including proposal management, program design and proposal writing.
- Facilitation and Team Building: Advanced skills in facilitation, team building and coordination.
Minimally Required Organizational Competencies:
- PC Applications: Advanced knowledge of MS Office products, including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Languages: Advanced writing and speaking skills using local language and English language.
- Communication: Advanced oral and written communication skills, Advanced knowledge of report writing.
- Passion for Sexual and Reproductive Health: Commitment to family planning, reproductive health services, gender, maternal, child health services, and eradication of harmful traditional practices.
- Influencing and Customer Service Skills: Demonstrated influencing and diplomacy skills. Advanced customer service skills.
- Organization, Planning and Multi-tasking: Advanced organizational and planning skills, project planning and management skills. Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision.
- Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, ability to be detailed-oriented, and ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Matrix Management: Ability to thrive in a matrixed organization.
- Confidentiality: Proven ability to maintain confidentiality on work-related issues.
Minimally Required Education, Training and Experience:
- Education background in Health, Community Development, Sociology, anthropology are related sectors – with post graduate qualification at master’s level – MPH preferred
- At least 5 years demonstrated experience in designing and implementing SBCC programs at a national scale
- Knowledge of the key steps involved in designing and implementing SBCC projects
- Demonstrated experience in engaging the government and key SBCC partners in designing BCC and IEC products that went to national scale
- Ability to establish good working relationship with the public sector, especially at CHMT, RHMT, MOH and PORALG level Experience working with R/CHMT in Dar es salaam is an added advantage.
Travel required (5% or less)
Uses cellular and desk phone; laptop or desktop computer
How to Apply?
Interested applicants are requested to submit their CV, including contact details for 3 references before the close of business December 4,2019.
Applications should be addressed to the Routfinder Human Capital Limited, Plot NO. 16,1ST Floor, Dabe Place Mwananyamala Trade area opposite Mwananyamala Market, Dar es Salaam or sent via e-mail to [email protected] stating the position being applied for in the subject
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.