Social Economic Empowerment Officer-SEEO (1 Position)
Roles and Responsibilities
• Cooperate with LGA and empowerment workers to identify the eligible beneficiaries to be mobilized into groups
• Conduct weekly and monthly data collection and reporting of program progress in weekly and monthly basis
• Facilitate empowerment workers in WORTH+ groups maintenance.
• Monitor WORTH+ groups on and weekly basis by Reviewing and sharing reports written by Empowerment worker
• Take part in community committees and advisory groups
• Educate the beneficiaries to actively protect themselves and their sexual partners from HIV infection
• Ensure roll out of BCC sessions to AGYW before joining WORTH+ groups
• Gain trust from the community so to facilitate their participation in program’s activities
Support Empowerment Workers on promote and encourage AGYW on the use of static and mobile biomedical service (DIC, CBHTC+, HBTC+) by informing beneficiaries on days and time of services
• To review the WORTH+ registers completed by empowerment workers on weekly basis • Ensure empowerment workers train groups/ management Committee on banking tools and monitor their attendance and payment register,
• Provide weekly support to each empowerment workers and WORTH+ group as required by program
• Participate to monthly meetings with Empowerment Workers.
• Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Qualification and experience
The job holder is required to have sound knowledge, skills, attitude and experience in facilitating and mobilizing community to address the development challenges.
• Bachelor degree/ advance diploma in related fields, Sociology, Community Development and social work from a recognized University
• Minimum 3 years of working experience with development and community work
• Computer literate and proficient using MS Word, MS Excel and Internet/Email applications
• A minimum of 2 years in similar roles, including working with NGOs/CBOs/FBOs partners of varying capacities and experience.
• Knowledge of community-based approaches in working with community at different levels/stages
• Leadership and management skills
• Proven facilitation, monitoring and evaluation skills;
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability/willingness to mentor and train
• Demonstrated high levels of self motivation, integrity and initiative;
• Able to communicate comfortably in both Kiswahili and English.
• Knowledge and familiarity with the structures and responsibilities of LGA.
Method of Application
Application are to be lodged through email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates are required to mention the ‘Position Title’ on the subject line of the e-mail.
All applicants MUST attach cover letter and their updated Curriculum Vitae with certified copies of academic certificates as supporting documents to their applications.
All applications should be submitted not later than 16:00 HRS on Saturday, 10th October, 2020