HelpAge International wishes to recruit a Social Worker –inclusion (SWI) for the Burundian Refugee Response programme based in Kibondo District in Kigoma Region, Tanzania. , S/he will be responsible for identifying and supporting the integration and implementation of activities that involve the inclusion of Older person, youth and children with disabilities in all the sectors of humanitarian response and oversee the operations of the activities of daily living space in consistent with standard practices and HelpAge International policy, procedures and principles.
A summary of the job purpose and person specification is indicated below while the full Job Description will be available on request.
To Identify and support the integration and implementation of activities that involve the inclusion of youth and children with disabilities in all the sectors of humanitarian response and oversee the operations of the activities of daily living space. The role holder will also ensure sustainability of the ADL space, through capacity building of caregivers, Partners and Government staff of communication with older persons and persons with disabilities.
We are looking for a dynamic person with relevant skills, experience and qualifications to join a dedicated team responsible for implementation of Project activities for People with Special Needs (PSNs) and People with Disabilities (PWDs) including older persons in Nduta and Mtendeli
- A bachelor’s degree or Diploma in special needs education (hearing impairment).
- Understanding of the Humanitarian inclusion standards.
- Understanding of protection and human rights issues concerning the refugees a plus.
- Demonstrable interest in ageing issues
- Minimum 1-2 years of work experience in special needs education (hearing impairment) or social work or health.
- Good report writing skills
- Self-motivation and strong team spirit
- Facilitation and trainings skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Respectful and courteous.
- Able to maintain a high level of ethical standards
- Experience in working with refugee population is preferred.
- Ability to train and motivate others, taking into account cultural and language differences
- Ability to use basic computer packages (Word, Excel, PSS)
- Ability to communicate in both English, Kiswahili Kirundi or French a plus
- Excellent communication skills in writing and verbally
- Ability to travel as necessary.
- Ability to work under pressure and to short deadlines
Contract Period is six (6) month with potential for renewal
How to Apply?
Please manually apply for this job using the details below:
Candidates who meet these requirements should send an email requesting for the full Job Description to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested applicants should apply with a CV of not more than 2 pages and a cover letter stating how they meet the key competencies by email to: email@example.com copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should be sent before Wednesday 31st July 2019. HelpAge International is an equal opportunity employer. Women are encouraged to apply.