St. Lucia Community Healthcare Initiative
COMPREHENSIVE COMMUNITY BASED PROGRAMS FOR PEOPLE WITH CHRONIC DISEASES INCLUDING HIV/AIDS
PART-TIME POSITION: SOCIAL WORKER
(Currently fixed duration position with possibility for extension)
Build a meaningful Career!
Working for St Lucia Community Health Care Initiative isn’t just a job.
We are dedicated to improving all the aspects of our beneficiaries’ growth and self-development through our orphanage/Nursing-home center, Home-Based Care through our community social workers in vulnerable communities in Tanzania.
The mission of our organization is to provide hospice care for terminally ill patients, offer a comprehensive in-home nursing home care with the goal of returning patients to their homes and families. We also provide a permanent home , education, health and nutrition support for children orphaned by AIDS. We are an organization committed to the provision of child/patient centered care and trauma-informed care to all our beneficiaries.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities.
- Responsible for social work assessments and evaluation, creation of care plans, treatment activities, and implementation of evidence-based therapeutic interventions to individuals and groups supported by St Lucia.
- You provide outreach and consultation services to all of St Lucia’s beneficiaries.
- Participates in the design and implementation of community outreach programs on mental health in Tanzania.
- Documents consultations for record keeping and follow up on progress.
- You strengthen the partnership between St lucia and Community agencies: Social welfare institute, local and regional government, primary health care providers and NGO’s with similar focus.
- You determine the social-emotional development and mental health status for children at the orphanage and beneficiary families in the community and facilitate treatment plans.
- You participate in internal and external training on mental health interventions.
- You design and facilitate group/ individual therapy sessions with the children and beneficiaries in the community inspired from the training.
- You research and conduct workshops on mental health development for the staff and St Lucia administration.
- You work with Staff, Community social workers , St Lucia beneficiaries, and Administration to develop coping, social and decision making skills.
- You assume other duties, responsibilities, and assignments that may be made from time to time by the Program Manager.
Qualifications to be considered for this position.
You must meet the following basic requirements.
- Diploma in Social work/ Psychology from an accredited educational Institution recognized by the Ministry of Education, Science and Technology .
- Possess experience working independently in a clinical setting, acute and at-home care you have conducted psychosocial assessments to a diverse group of people from diversified backgrounds.
- Possess experience utilizing multiple treatment plans, researching and reporting on therapy modalities.
- Fascinated by evidence-based practices and are committed to improving the psychosocial health of individuals and groups of people from vulnerable backgrounds.
Work Schedule Requirement: Flexible to work on Weekends , Week-day Day/Night shift.
Physical Requirements: Fit to walk long distances in the community and Participate in physical exercise with our beneficiaries.
Required : Cover letter, Resume, Certifications,Transcript.
Encouraged Supplemental documents: Thesis projects conducted for Bachelors program.
For Inquiries and Submission of the application documents: Recruitmentstlucia@gmail.com
Leave a Reply