To build, test and implement in-house well designed new business applications or modify/upgrade existing business software applications to meet key business goals.
- Integrate technical and application components to meet business requirements
- Code and test program modules that meet design specifications
- Maintain, tune and repair applications in order to keep them performing according to technical and functional specifications
- Identify configuration changes to applications so that they meet business process requirements
- Read, understand and effectively implement application specifications into database design
- Create well designed, reusable objects
- Develop and conduct testing plans and procedures based upon system requirements
- Provide users and systems with post-installation support.
- Knowledgeable in banking products.
- Ability to research existing banking products and software components.
- Must be a self-starter and have the ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Ability to work in a fast changing banking service environment running multiple projects concurrently.
- Knowledge of banking system applications and technologies available in the market
- Knowledge of Windows, Linux and Android operating systems, networking as well as Shell Script.
- Relational Database fundamentals and SQL literate
- Understanding of .NET framework fundamentals
- Strong systems diagnostic and troubleshooting skills. Ability to solve complex problems.
- Systems / Application development documentation writing skills.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Team player and ability to meet tight deadlines
Qualifications And Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or related discipline from a recognized higher learning institution.
- Professional certification in Project Management and ICT Service Management (ITIL) is an added advantage.
- At least 3 years of experience in software development for banking products / apps.
- Experience in multiple development languages in medium to enterprise systems, e.g. PHP, C#, Java, etc.
- Experience in Relational Database design and creation, SQL query and manipulation and stored procedure creation (Oracle. MySQL, Microsoft SQL, PostgreSQL).
- Experience in Web/WAP and mobile development (for Windows, IOS and Android smart devices) is a bonus added advantage
- Technical interactions with product owners, system vendors, ICT systems administrators and other stakeholders.
NMB Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 14 working days of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted.
“NMB Bank Plc does not charge any fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it”.