Job Opportunity at NMB Bank, Specialist; Card Settlement & Reconciliation
Specialist; Card Settlement & Reconciliation
To perform clearing and settlement of incoming and outgoing files of various card associations;
Attend queries raised by finance recon team, effect merchant payments & recognize income;
Perform customer refunds and managing pool accounts for credit and prepaid cards.
Ensure compliance with international card associations operational procedures in settlement process to avoid any financial and/or revenue loss.
- Ensure daily clearing files are well processed and sent to MasterCard VISA and UPI as required
- Workout on outgoing and incoming files for Visa, MasterCard and UPI to investigate rejected files/discrepancies
- Ensure Settlement files are downloaded correctly from MFI and Edit package (EP) systems
- Ensure daily settlement process for Visa and MasterCard and UPI are performed correctly.
- Liaise with Treasury and Finance departments to ensure there are enough funds before settlement due date.
- Advise Card Operation and Card Accounts to work on rejected settlement entries
- Ensure timely processing of Visa, MasterCard transaction and UPI fees and charges
- Prepare Settlement voucher for Issuing and acquiring Business for onwards posting at finance department
- Manage NOSTRO settlement account and mirror account, and ensure similar entries are reflected on both accounts
- Manage BOT settlement accounts for domestic/intra country settlement
- Manage reconciliation of all settlement and card business accounts
- Ensures business rules on mirror and suspense accounts are adhered
- Ensure Merchant payments are done timely and correctly processed
- Process chargeback payments to card holders and recover funds from Merchants for failed chargebacks.
- Ensure thorough checks are done before refunding any cardholder
- Prepare Voucher for cardholder refund and merchant debit/credit payment.
- Manage and reconcile prepaid pool account; Ensure pool account for credit card has been timely replenished
- Ensure all customers who have requested for credit are funded timely
- On the 20th-30th of each, ensure the DD files are downloaded from CMS system and have been passed in flex cube to collect funds from customers’ account and fund pool account.
- Ensure VAT and Withholding Tax calculations are done timely and the posting voucher are prepared correctly
- Ensure all adjusted and unsettled transactions are posted timely and in correct General Ledger (GL)
- Ensure all unmatched transactions from Finance are processed timely
- Ensure highest level of customer service is provided to network and internal customers
- Provide coaching and training to branch staff and call center staff for all issues related to Card operations
Skills and Knowledge
- Bank Card Business knowledge obtained from Visa or MasterCard
- Must have good communication skill both oral and written
- Must have good computer application knowledge – Advanced level of Excel
- Teamwork/Personal Effectiveness – clear and concise communication, time management, adaptability
- Interpersonal skills – develop relationships with colleagues within the bank, cardholders and merchants
- Coaching, presentation, and training skills
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration/ Accounts/Finance/Banking or any other related field.
- At least 3 years’ working experience in Banking mainly in Card Business Operations
- NMB Bank Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 14 working days of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted.
“NMB Bank Plc does not charge any fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it”.