NBC is the oldest serving bank in Tanzania with over five decades of experience. We offer a range of retail, business, corporate and investment banking, wealth management products and services.
• To manage implementation, maintenance and enhancement of all infrastructure Services including Servers, Databases, Messaging & Storage services.
• Enable the use of appropriate technology platforms as an integral and reliable component of business process within the bank.
• Drive convergence of technologies, ensure delivery of technology projects associated with infrastructure services, liaise and negotiate with internal customers and technology vendors.
• Maintaining the availability and reliability of all infrastructure Services including servers, databases and storage to ensure that IT can effectively meet service level targets in accordance with planned business objectives.
- Promote and develop both tactical and strategic ways to drive productivity and efficiency within the core responsibility areas.
- Integrate technical and application component to meet business requirements
- Databases backup and restoration, and troubleshooting
- Infrastructure monitoring and Service Continuity
- Articulates business strategy and vision, and is able to translate vision into objectives, for the greater team, in order to reach desired end state.
- The development and communication of a departmental strategy for the leadership team, and staff to set, communicate and drive, the annual operational plans and targets that align, to the overall strategic objectives and targets for the business as a whole.
- Manage changes impacting the team and organization, effectively minimizing risk and exposure. Act as a coordination point for changes to NBC servers, databases and storage
- Agree targets and take accountability for the overall achievement of performance objectives in the business area in terms of employee satisfaction, customer experience, cost reduction, return on investments, risk, compliance and governance requirements
- Agree and manage service offerings and SLAs with internal customers (agree annually and measure on a monthly basis). Provide a range of NBC servers, databases and storage availability reporting to ensure that agreed levels of availability, reliability and maintainability are measured and monitored on an ongoing basis
- Provide holistic support of NBC servers, databases and storage availability to Business Users
- Take actions to achieve reductions in frequency and duration of incidents that impact NBC servers, databases and storage availability
- Ensure shortfalls in NBC servers, databases and storage availability are recognized and appropriate corrective actions are identified and progressed
- Take action on agreed appropriate actions with Head of Infrastructure services to maintain or improve NBC servers, databases and storage availability levels
- Maintain an awareness of technology advancements and best practices that support NBC servers, databases and storage availability
- Provide and maintain detailed backup and recovery procedures by ensuring that daily and monthly backups on supported servers are performed.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor degree or Equivalents Computer Science
- Microsoft Certified (MCTS, MCSE), RHCA, ITIL v3, VMware Technical Certification (Preferred), Oracle certified Associate (OCA)
- Cloud Computing (Azure and AWS) (Preferred)
- Working experience with Microsoft software, Linux, Database (Oracle, MS SQL)
- 5+ years of working experience in IT infrastructure
- High degree of commercial awareness with sound understanding of key contractual obligations and risks to maximize benefits
- Familiarity with Scrum agile framework
- Strong system diagnostic troubleshooting skills
- Good understanding of ITIL processes and associated concepts.
- Excellent communication and presentation experience.
Analytical Thinking – Basic (Meets all of the requirements), Bachelor`s Degrees and Advanced Diplomas – Physical, Mathematical, Computer and Life Sciences, Data Management (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Digital affinity (Meets all of the requirements), Enabling team success (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Experience in a similar environment at junior specialist level, Openness to change (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Quality orientation (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development)