We are searching for an experienced Specialist, DHIS2 at our Dar Es Salaam facility.
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
The Adolescents and Children HIV Incidence Reduction, Empowerment and Virus Elimination project, or ACHIEVE, is a five-year global effort to reach and sustain HIV epidemic control among pregnant and breastfeeding women, adolescents, infants and children. The project is funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development and implemented by a Pact-led consortium of top global HIV/AIDS partners, including Jhpiego, Palladium, No Means No Worldwide and WI-HER. These core partners are being supported by a network of global and local strategic resource partners. ACHIEVE focuses on priority PEPFAR countries across Africa, Southeast Asia and the Caribbean. The ACHIEVE consortium works with USAID Missions, national governments and existing response partners to identify gaps in HIV prevention and treatment programming among target populations. Using best practices and expertise along with innovations, the project is addressing critical gaps to meet country-specific epidemic control goals.
Purpose of Position
Palladium is seeking a DHIS2 Specialist, based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, to build capacity of government officials in management of the MVC MIS (MCDSS) data system to sustain the system.
Duration: February 1 – September 30, 2021
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Travel: 30% travel (if permitted given COVID)
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct rapid assessment of informatics capacity and DHIS2 skills within (DSW) and (PO-RALG)
- Develop capacity building plan for the joint management of the MVC-MIS in collaboration with the University of Dar es Salaam Department of Computer Science and Engineering (UDSM)
- Provide a series of coaching sessions to ensure government MVC M&E Technical Working Group
- Establish standard operating procedures clarifying responsibilities for enhancements and maintenance of the MVC-MIS between the MVC M&E TWG and UDSM
- Implement updates to analytics and dashboards in DHIS2 following recommendations to strengthen MVC-MIS data use.
- In collaboration with the Most Vulnerable Children (MVC) M&E TWG, support development of data analysis and use action planning as well as discussions to explore MVC data system integration.
- Degree in Computer Science or relevant field.
- Relevant experience in software development including DHIS 2 configuration and deployment skills
- Experience with PostgreSQL, MySQL or other relational databases.
- Experience with development of Web APIs.
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English.
- Ability to coordinate and balance priorities of multiple projects and deliverables
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.