JOB REPORTING TO: SENIOR MANAGER FINANCIAL PLANNING & REGULATORY REPORTING
The purpose of the job is to compile statutory reports in accordance with financial policy and regulatory bodies.
RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THE ROLE
- Support the development & implementation of controls to ensure the timeliness, accuracy, and completeness of regulatory reports to regulators.
- Research new regulatory developments and reporting requirements and proactively assist businesses, operations, and technology to understand their impact.
- Tracking of regulatory changes/amendments, assessing their impact, and communicating with management.
- Work jointly with other stakeholders in the industry to advocate for changes in regulatory regimes to ensure that the Bank’s interests are properly represented and safeguarded.
- Coordinate Bank activities aimed at ensuring readiness for full adoption of Basel II & III accords.
- Work collaboratively with other stakeholders within the Bank to carry out the Internal Capital
- Adequacy Assessment Process (ICAAP) and other regulatory sensitivity analyses.
- Monitor daily compliance with regulatory and internal limits/ratios.
- Liaise with both internal audit/external audit or regulator on any queries related to returns or reports prepared.
- Review and update procedure manuals on regulatory reporting on a regular basis.
- Carrying out periodic capital reviews to ensure adequate capital levels are maintained.
- Work with other stakeholders within the Bank to streamline and automate regulatory reporting processes to achieve operational efficiency.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES REQUIRED FOR THE ROLE
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- Banking industry experience in similar roles of at least 3 years.
- Professional qualifications CPA, TIOB will be an added advantage.
- Good Communication and Presentation skills
- Self-motivated and a good team player
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills, internally and externally.
- Commitment and accountability
- Supervisory/Leadership Skills i.e., lead by examples
Ability to inspire others.