Posting Country: Tanzania, United Republic of
Date Posted: 06-Apr-2023
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
At Vodacom, we’re working hard to build a better future. A more connected, inclusive and sustainable world. As a dynamic global community, it’s our human spirit, together with technology, that empowers us to achieve this.
We challenge and innovate in order to connect people, businesses, and communities across the world. Delighting our customers and earning their loyalty drive us, and we experiment, learn fast and get it done, together.
With us, you can be truly be yourself and belong, share inspiration, embrace new opportunities, thrive, and make a real difference.
Role Profile & Key Accountabilities
- The Developer is responsible for creating prototypes, designing and building modules and solutions in an iterative agile cycle, develop, maintain, and optimize the business outcome.
- This role is responsible for estimating user and technical stories, designing, and developing code, writing and executing unit and integration tests, and supporting testing of deliverables against user and technical story acceptance tests.
- Estimate user and technical stories to help and prioritize backlog
- Design modules according to user stories, UX designs, and technical stories
- Develop solutions according to module designs and deploy using delivery pipeline
Develop and execute unit and integration tests; support testing against user and technical story acceptance tests
- Suggest improvements to user stories and UX
- Manage technical debt as part of daily activities
- Conduct peer reviews and maintain coding standards
- Manage incidents as level two and level three support
- Manage problems as level two and level three support
Core competencies, knowledge and experience
- Agile and lean programming and development of software systems in Web scale environments
- Mobile app developer skills with ability to create, maintain and implement the source code to develop mobile apps and programs that meet the needs and requirements of the clients using the computer programming languages.
- Backlog item estimation
- Unit, integration, smoke and static code
- Analysis testing Architectural element testing e.g. APIs
- Automated testing and tools e.g. Selenium
- Software incident and problem management
- Expertise in multiple programming and markup languages, such as HTML, CSS,
- Ruby, SQL, XML, JSON, C and Python, and paradigms such as object-oriented-, even driven.
- Databases i.e. MariaDB, MySQL, MongoDB.
- Vast knowledge of Operating systems such as LINUX etc.
- DocuSign Envelope ID: 52EBC4A8-528F-46FB-B764-F9F3EDC001B0
- Cloud-native architectures, including public cloud PaaS / IaaS, micro-services architectures, API
- Flexibility to deal with changing projects and priorities in a short space of time
- Strong problem solving skills and ability tolearn new methods and processes
- Good understanding of the business capability / user journey, wider organizational goals, and desired product business outcomes
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field
- 2 -3 years relevant experience of which a minimum of one year is in programming and/or systems analysis applying agile frameworks
- Experience working with agile methodologies, such as Scrum, Kanban, XP, LSD, and FDD
- Experience working with multiple programming and markup languages, such as
MicroServices and APIs_FRHR
Data Analytics and Insights
Continuous Integration and Delivery (CI/CD)
Architecture and Design
System, Service and Solution Design and Development
Testing and Evaluation
Not a perfect fit?
Worried that you don’t meet all the desired criteria exactly? At Vodafone we are passionate about Inclusion for All and creating a workplace where everyone can thrive, whatever their personal or professional background. If you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align exactly with every part of the job description, we encourage you to apply as you may be the right candidate for this role or another role, and our recruitment team can help you see how your skills fit in.
Commitment from Vodacom
Vodacom is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognized, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences – we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodacom you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.