Locations: YM Soga Camp, Tanzania
Job Title: Signaling Site Engineer reporting to Site S&T Construction Manager
What are my responsibilities?
· Perform and execute the installation, troubleshooting and rectification tasks according to the Bombardier Transportation plans and procedures.
· Coordinate and execute the S&T systems internal interfaces and boundary interfaces with other systems and stakeholders.
· To perform quality checks on the received Signaling equipment and report any deviation found.
· To carry out signalling system related activities according to cabling plans, installation plans, test plan and test procedures etc.
· Record, report and analyze the installation and test results, summarize on the test report and communicate to Senior S&T Manager, Istanbul Design&Installation Office, BT and the Engineer.
· Carry out first and second level fault finding on complex electronic systems and report back results and any systemic issues.
· Interface with other stakeholders to try to improve the designs and tools.
· Ensure that “Best Practice” is adopted and that the quality of workmanship is maintained at all times to the highest possible standards.
· Liaise with the Client, Bombardier Transportation and 3rd Party contractors on all site-related activities.
· Provide weekly and ad-hoc installation progress reports to the Senior S&T Manager and Site Construction Manager.
· Support Bombardier Transportation during T&C and safety assessment activities.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
· Excellent command of technical and social English and Turkish Languages.
· BSc in Electrical/Electronics/Control or Telecommunications Engineering only (other disciplines will NOT be considered).
· Min 6 years of site experience gained in similar positions within S&T site project teams.
· Min 3 years hands-on project site experience on modern signalling systems installation and T&C (ETCS L1 and/or ETCS L2, GSM-R, CBI and CTC systems and wayside objects).
· Good technical knowledge of mainline signalling systems, software and tools.
· Good problem-solving and analytical skills, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, team player with excellent team spirit and enthusiasm.
· Readiness to work long hours including nights and weekends.