Stock Accountant Job Vacancy at Rijk Zwaan
Rijk Zwaan is active worldwide as a vegetable breeding company that focuses on the development of high-quality vegetable varieties for professional growers. Mutual respect, a strong sense of responsibility and a high degree of employee involvement are the important starting points for our company. Rijk Zwaan is active in Tanzania in seed production and breeding support (Rijk Zwaan Q-Sem, in Tengeru Arusha) and in breeding and product development (Rijk Zwaan Afrisem, in Usa River, Arusha). Currently we have more than 500+ employees and as we continue to grow, we have the following vacancies for dedicated diligent Tanzanians:
Job Title: Stock Accountant (1POSTS)
Reports to: Financial Controller
The Stock accountant has a significant role in the activities of the Stores and Procurement departments related to analysing, reconciliation, stock items (all made financial) and stock levels. She/he will be working with the IBMS system to improve the store item traceability. H/she will have close collaboration with the Stores-, Procurement- and financial department.
Position within the organization: The Stock accountant will be reporting to the Financial Controller. There will also be close collaboration with the Process Optimization Manager.
- Certified Accountant /CPA and Driving license.
- Experience: Minimum 3 – 5 years relevant working experience.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analysing data in the system.
- Conducting inventory checks at all stations.
- Aid in the monthly stock and consumption reports.
- Assisting and compiling the departmental budget and forecast, together with the Warehouse manager.
- Reconciliation of fuel consumption.
- Supervise all store locations and store procedures.
- Creating maintenance items and maintenance categories in the IBMS system.
- Update exchange-rate from Bank of Tanzania on monthly basis.
- Extra contact person between the Stores Manager and Process Optimization Manager.
- Follow up on tasks and projects within the stores department.
- Strategic advice on the stock plan over the various locations in collaboration with the Warehouse manager and Financial Controller.
- Suggest improvements on procedures and take part in procedures related to stocks.
- Advising the Warehouse Manager and Financial Controller on KPI’s related to stock: stock turnover, minimum and maximum stock levels.
- In collaboration with the Warehouse managers to set up proper procedures related to stock and stock movements e.g., chemical quantities and fertilizers.
- To identify points of improvement.
- Managing working capital, efficiently and effectively in collaboration with the financial controller and the process optimization manager.
- Close cooperation with the procurement and financial department and other relevant departments.
- Critical thinker.
- Honest, trustworthy with high business ethics.
- Affinity with stock management software.
- Good communication skills.
- Reliable and self-motivated.
- Team player.
- Business analytical skills.
- Pro-active and independent.
- Should be well organized.
- Skilled at using (Excel) spread sheets.
- Proficient in the English language.
Salary Scale: Staff salary rank according to Rijk Zwaan Scheme of Services.
Tenure: Local permanent contract.
How to Apply:
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please send your application letter with a detailed CV attached with relevant academic certificates to the following Q-sem at email@example.com
To be considered your application must be received by 25th August 2023. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Rijk Zwaan is an equal opportunity company everyone is encouraged to apply.
Rijk Zwaan is an equal opportunity company everyone is encouraged to apply.