A reputable service company is looking for Stock Assistant to be based in Dar es Salaam. An ideal candidate should have at least two years experience of working in store or ware house with a diploma in Accounting, good command in both English and Swahili.
- Monitor levels of stock items and work with your manager to set and update re-order level
- Initiate/process stock requisitions and forward to Line Managers for approval
- Maintain regular communication with operational departments so as to stay up to date with their material requirements and ensure effective stock management & replenishment to avoid stock out situations.
- Maintain good housekeeping and stores layouts that will facilitate easy retrieval within the warehouse and ensure that safety and environment standards are adhered to at all times.
- Help in ensuring that the stores physical structures and equipment are maintained in good condition and initiate maintenance action as and when needed.
- Identify obsolete and slow moving stock items and recommend the necessary actions, including the disposal of such items. Sort out returned items and advise your manager for guidance
- Ensure that stores records are accurately maintained and up to date and the necessary reports are generated
- Issue stocks upon verification of requisition, and update bin cards daily and timely
- Endorse your signature on GRNS and invoices before payment to confirm receipt
- Carry out analysis of monthly stock issuance and explain significant variances
- Ensure sound internal control systems pertaining to stocks are in place and stock procedures are regularly updated to remain relevant and to help safeguard against stock misuse, fraud or errors.
- Enforce company safety rules and regulations within the stores.
- Restrict access to the Stores to authorized staff only and ensure security, checks are in place
- Be involved in internal & external audit processes under the guidance of your manager
- Handle other accounting tasks as may be required
- Undertake other general administration roles as may be directed by the manager
- Minimum business diploma in Accountancy, or CPA or other relevant accounting field
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a highly paced work environment in stocks management and store processes
- Good team player with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work unsupervised
The deadline for submitting the application is 24 May 2021.