JOB TITLE: Storekeeper
TYPE OF CONTRACTSpecial Service Agreement (SSA)
UNIT/DIVISION: Logistics Unit
DUTY STATION (City, Country): Dar-es-Salaam (Port), Tanzania
DURATION: 4 months
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
Language: Fluency (level C) in the English and Swahili languages.
The Storekeeper will report to the Logistics Associate and be managed by the National Logistics Officer at Dar es Salaam Port. The Storekeeper is expected to be exposed to all phases of the warehouse operations and work with minimum supervision. The Storekeeper may provide supervision and on-the-job training to other warehouse staff.
To handle receipt/dispatch and verification of commodities in order to maximise quality of warehouse operations and mitigate losses, and to support the best storage management practices in compliance with WFP warehouse standards and established guidelines.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Sound food delivered. Quantities dispatches per plan Quantities received counter checked during stacking and dispatches.
- Cargos properly documented in commodity tracking system from stacks & infestation controlled
- To ensure receipts and dispatches are properly documented daily, weekly, and monthly inventories properly done
- To ensure timely and accurate receipts/dispatch of WFP commodities.
- To prepare stack cards report & to keep updated.
- To capture commodities with accurately quantities in LESS
- To prepare, verify and sign off warehouse and transport documents and maintain accurate warehouse transitions records to ensure immediate reporting on commodity movement in line with corporate system ie, ATL & WAYBILS
- To supervise WFP cargos during destuffing/Dispatching in order to reduce foods spoilage.
- To make sure damage and sound cargo are stored separately
- To supervise re-bagging /re-filling of food are in a good hygiene
- To supervise warehouse cleanliness
- To build good relationship with other entity like TPA, CFA and superintendent to deliver our food on time.
- Any other official business as assigned by supervisor
- 4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
- Capability Name Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level
- Supply Chain Management and Optimization Displays aptitude at monitoring and reporting on supply chain operations to enable teams to efficiently assess the performance and sustainability of current networks.
- Planning, Project & Resource Management Supports the planning, forecasting & resource management efforts of own team by collecting data from diverse sources.
- Information Management & Reporting Collates accurate and timely information and data to enable informed decision making on reporting within individual unit and consequently the greater humanitarian community.
- Market Analysis, Contracting and Operational Execution Ability to collect and collate necessary information to enable WFP to make informed operational decisions.
- Warehouse and Inventory Management Demonstrates ability to implement operational warehouse procedures and normative guidance in order to manage WFP’s warehouse, handle inventory effectively through corporate systems, and ensure loss mitigation.
- Technical Assistance and Coordination Demonstrates awareness of the importance of technical assistance and coordination with key stakeholders and an ability to carry out logistics activities, respecting individual mandates and programme priorities.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Experience using logistics databases to extract routine reports.
- Experience in managing warehouses with food and NFIs.
- Experience in managing inventories.
- Experience in processing invoices.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
– The applicant should be a Tanzanian National.
– Only candidates who are shortlisted will be contacted.
– Applicants must be submitted through e-recruitment portal.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
The deadline for submitting applications is 03 May 2022.
Female applicants and qualified applicants are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.