Position Title: STORES CONTROLLER (1 POST)
CONTEXT AND PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Assist the Store Manager in ensuring an effective warehousing / store function that not only ensures expeditious and accurate receiving of inbound goods but ensures that goods received are stocked under the right conditions to maximize their shelf lives, and eventually account accurately for their distribution to end users.
ACCOUNTABILITIES & AUTHORITIES OF THE ROLE
- Undertake calculation of re-averaged unit costs based on current unit cost and latest unit cost from goods received from Kardex.
- Oversee the maintenance of kardex card information by stores clerks including quantities received, updating unit costs, quantities issued & Stock balances.
- Check the accuracy of all account allocations for stock or direct issues.
- Assist with weekly Critical Stock Report (CSR) stocktakes and report compilation and take over full accountability for CSR report in the absence of NET representative.
- Undertake a weekly reconciliation of physical and kardex stock balances for all CSR items.
- Undertake random and/or cyclic stock takes.
- Check POD documents for all deliveries and update the GRN records.
- Prepare documents for submission to Dar-es-Salaam Accounts Payable.
- Send POD documents to Dar-es-Salaam office and update POD log and send copies of all NET POD s to NET representative.
- Raise monthly costing journals based on account allocations.
- Sign off GRN documents in the absence of the Stores Manager.
- Oversee stores in the absence of the Stores Manager. Expediting Functions:
- Maintain enquiry and order logs for all live Shanta enquiries and orders and provide feedback to end users when end user motivated orders have been raised.
- Expedite all incomplete enquiries or undelivered orders by contacting local suppliers directly and relying on NET for imports.
- Provide end users with updates on the progress of their live orders making use of supplier feedback, in particular the weekly NET Order Status Report and the weekly Maintenance Plan.
REQUIRED SKILLED KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor’s in Accountancy and Finance
- Must be in possession of a valid Tanzanian driver’s license.
Must have knowledge of:
- High level of computer skill (MS Word and Excel).
- At least two years experience in a busy store operation
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants are invited to submit their Resumes and certificates (indicating the Position Title in the subject) to:
HR Director, Shanta Mining Company Limited
P.O. Box 79408,
Dar es Salaam
Or via Email to: [email protected]
The deadline for submitting the application is 06 February, 2021