Strategic Information Management and Advocacy Officer, Tools for Integrated Management of Childhood Illness.
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
- *Please include a cover letter with your resume describing your interest in the position and how you meet the qualifications.
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
Tools for Integrated Management of Childhood Illness (TIMCI) is a global effort led by PATH to accelerate availability, adoption and scale-up of tools to identify severe illness and decrease mortality in children under five years of age. PATH and its primary partner, the Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute (Swiss TPH), will implement a four-year project funded by Unitaid. TIMCI has two major goals that both seek to improve detection of severe disease in children under five: 1) to improve healthcare workers’ ability to diagnose severe disease by equipping them with pulse oximeters (POX) and electronic decision support tools; and 2) to accelerate the development and market entry of non-invasive devices that augment the features of a standard POX with one or more additional vital sign measurements. This high profile and potentially high impact project began in July 2019 and is underway in five countries: Kenya, Myanmar, Senegal, Tanzania, and the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh.
PATH is seeking a Strategic Information Management and Advocacy officer who will work with the Program team in Tanzania office and the staff in PATH Headquarters to advance critical Monitoring and Evaluation, Communications and Advocacy issues for TIMCI project in Tanzania. Working under the management and direction of the Project Director, the Strategic Information Management and Advocacy Officer will support the development and implementation of Monitoring and Evaluation, Advocacy and Communication strategy for the TIMCI project.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creating a data flow matrix for the logframe indicators, setting up data management system as per the overarching data management plan, M&E plan and the project logframe,
- Collecting program monitoring data, establishing baselines for relevant indicators, implementing standard operating procedures (SOPs) to ensure data quality at each step of the data management system (source, collection, collation, analysis, reporting, use), developing program monitoring dashboards.
- Act as a liaison with the MoH (or relevant ministries) regarding health sector data collection.
- Coordinate capture electronic capture of data into the national system.
- Conduct spot checks, and assessments to ensure fidelity in program implementation.
- Support the development of an Advocacy and Communications strategy for the TIMCI project in Tanzania, including identifying key activities, audiences, messages, and channels.
- Work closely with Tanzania project team, national and subnational partners, PATH advocacy and communications colleagues in other countries and headquarters, and other key stakeholders to deploy and implement country and global strategies, including advocacy, communications, and research utilization.
- In collaboration with the project team, facilitate dissemination of project findings, develop targeted advocacy and communications materials, and coordinate partner engagement.
- Work with the Program Assistant to ensure proper planning, logistics, and scheduling in support of workshops and other meetings and events such as kickoffs, Technical Working Groups, policy or strategy sessions, and trainings.
- Develop and manage advocacy and communication materials e.g. policy briefings, project documentation such as presentations and reports, web copy, newsletters, fact sheets, blog posts, letters, submissions and other communications and advocacy products.
- Liaise with in-house and external expert reviewers to ensure accuracy and clarity of technical content of communication information’s.
- Ensure that PATH quality standards and design norms are met for materials by helping team members comply with established procedures and processes.
- Required Experience
- Minimum of 3-4 years of experience in monitoring and evaluation, advocacy, communications, and/or marketing of health-related projects. Experience in technology or global health-related communications and advocacy preferred.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in health informatics, public policy, public health, communications, or related field.
- Demonstrated ability to create compelling written materials in a range of formats and for a variety of audiences, including donor, government, and corporate audiences locally, regionally, and globally.
- Knowledge of health and development programs in Tanzania including familiarity with the national health information management system (HMIS).
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple digital and traditional communication channels, including social media, web sites, and knowledge management platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to translate scientific and technical material into stories and content that engage and resonate with target audiences.
- Expertise in developing, implementing and monitoring work plans for advocacy and communications.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment and as part of a cross-disciplinary, cross-cultural team.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills; demonstrated representational experience in professional and global fora.
Must have legal authorization to work in Tanzania
PATH is dedicated to diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity,
- Job Location
- Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, United Republic of
- Company Location
- Tanzania, Dar es Salaam
- Position Type