Mkulazi Holding Company Ltd (MHCL) is a joint venture company currently owned by National Social Security Fund (NSSF) and Tanzania Prisons Service. The principle activity of the company is to undertake production and importation of sugar. Establishment of the Company is in line with the implementation of the second five year development plan (FYDP II) aiming to ensure that Tanzania becomes industrialized and middle income economy by the year 2025.
The company wishes to invite competent, qualified, experienced and dedicated young Tanzanians to fill in the vacant positions currently available in the company as follows.
(1 post):-This position requires thorough knowledge of civil/structural design and engineering techniques. Duties of the Structural Engineer:
- Plan and conduct independent work requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, application and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures and criteria;
- Devise new approaches to problems, and prepare or modify drawings, specifications, calculations, charts and graphs, and monitor work for compliance to applicable codes, accepted engineering practices;
- Preparation and/or modification of Civil/Structural engineering calculations;
- Civil/Structural engineering plans, design, and layout;
- Perform structural design and analysis calculations using governing codes and standards, engineering formulas, skills, and experience;
- Layout and details portions of projects using schematic layout by project lead engineer;
- Responsible for schematic or conceptual layouts when qualified;
- Provide drawing for own designs and produce sketches to incorporate in drawings by Designers/Drafters;
- Develop probable construction cost estimates for his/her projects within the department;
- Direct and supervise other Designers/Drafters activities;
- Co-ordinate work with other disciplines such as architectural, mechanical, electrical, etc;
- Perform field activities such as observe and record existing field conditions, take and verify measurements within project area;
- Capable and experienced in managing and performing projects in a fast paced environment; and
- Perform any other lawful duties assigned by Supervisor.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering,
- Master of Science degree in Civil Engineering will be an added advantage;
- Experience of 5 years with knowledge in civil and/or structural engineering;
- Ability to use StaadPro or equivalent finite element analysis software;
- Should have attended training on Technical Operations Procedures and Manpower Development Programe;
- Working knowledge of Auto Cad or other drafting software; and
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Suite.
Salaries and Other Fringe Benefits will be as per the Company’s Salary scales/structures and the Staff Regulations and Conditions of Service, 2019.
General condition: all applicants should have accomplished secondary school education and possess an ordinary certificate or an advanced certificate of secondary education or its equivalent and should not be above 45 years of age.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Candidates meeting the requisite qualifications should submit their written applications and detailed CV to the address below (with the position applied written on the top of the envelope), describing how they see themselves qualifying for the applied position. They should also send copies of academic certificates, three referees, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail address. The closing deadline for all applications is 10 days after the advert. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER,
MKULAZI HOLDING COMPANY LIMITED,
P.O BOX 1079,
The deadline for submitting the application is September 15, 2020