We’re looking for an organized, creative and flexible Studio Coordinator to manage and improve our studio department systems. You’ll work closely with our Lead Sound Engineer and Head of Production to manage process and teams.
- Lead Ubongo’s vision in having professionalism be the guiding force in all content and product creation and processes
- Oversee and continually improve Ubongo’s studio processes including but not limited to voice actor and recording scheduling and payments, name and filing systems, team work plan etc
- Review audio and content to ensure highest quality and consistency in standards set.
- Organize logistics and training of studio team, voice actors and voice directors when needed
- Work towards Ubongo’s mission of being the leading content creators of fun, localized content- this will entail working closely with Lead Sound Engineer and different country teams on schedules and budgets of adaptation
- Embody and promote Ubongoers’ principles, and work with C-Suite to build and nurture company culture around them.
- Doing whatever is necessary to ensure that everything runs smoothly and production gets completed on time!
- Continuously find innovative and simple ways to make production processes more efficient and fun!
- Be fluent in written and spoken English and Kiswahili
- Have an Undergraduate degree in any field
- Have minimum 2 years working experience in multimedia specific to studio or project management
- Have minimum 2 years experience in managing teams, schedules, timelines and working understanding of budgets
- Experience in installing and managing production workflow processes including but not limited to time tracking, task delegation, budget and payment, etc
- Be Very IT literate and comfortable using web 2.0 tools for project and budget management (we use Google Drive and Asana extensively)
- Demonstrable leadership and managerial skills
- Have a can-do attitude and readiness to learn on the job as we create an innovative new educational service
- Have a passion for UBONGO’s vision of using media to transform education in East Africa
- Be a persistent but empathetic pusher. We’ve got to get things DONE.
- Good at dealing with ambiguity and able to figure things out for yourself.
- Willing to speak up for what’s right, when you see wrong, or when you think there might be a better way.
- Honest, trustworthy, transparent and conscientious.
- Someone who loves kids. They’re why we do what we do. They’re running around our office all the time. Our kids’ music and videos will become part of your life (and constantly stuck in your head).