Superintendent Electrical at Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML), March 2019
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of North Western Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s South East of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below::
Position: Superintendent Electrical
Job Number: GGM-2019-XIN-01
Number of Positions: 01.
Works For: Senior Manager Infrastructure
• BSc Electrical Engineering Degree (preferred)
• National higher diploma – Electrical Engineering (minimum)
• A recognized trade certificate in Electrical
• Eight (8) to ten (10) years’ mining operational electrical engineering experience.
• Experience should include all aspects of underground mine engineering e.g. design, scheduling, drilling and blasting, structural geology, ventilation, dewatering/pumping, power systems, surveying, reserve and resource development and reporting, etc.
• Proven record of Contractor Mining
Purpose of the Role: To design, development and maintenance the electrical infrastructure and activities for the entire mine with specific focus on the Process Plant, Open Pit and Underground Mining departments to ensure optimized production. Infrastructure consists of the following areas: Process plant/ Water treatment/ Outside water sources / Mining Open Pit and Underground Operations/ Power Generation/ all other infrastructures like the mine village/ Geita Town Projects.
Main or Key Accountabilities
• Achieves electrical engineering objectives by setting and reviewing annual plans and actions.
• Prepares an annual budget; schedule expenditures, analyzing and report on variances.
• Implements productivity, quality, and service standards (OEM) through audits, trend analyses, problem solving and preventative actions.
• Develops detail utilisation and maintenance schedules for electrical equipment inclusive but not limited of:
o 11 Kv transformers / RMU switchgear o 11 Kv switchgear and overhead lines o 11 KV mill slip-ring motors o MV protection relays for mills o Mill VDS units and LV soft starters & VDS o Diesel operated engines like Wartsila and Allen Diesels/Cummins o IR and SIT on MV and LV switchgear o Testing MV cables
o Underground equipment like Jumbo and drill rigs
• Plans and oversees electrical projects by determining specifications, selecting contractors and establishing schedules, planning of shut-downs and installations and integrating requirements with existing and new infrastructure and verifying code requirements.
• Maintains electrical systems by establishing and enforcing preventive and on-going maintenance, and testing programs; scheduling repairs; coordinating shut-downs and installations.
• Maintains safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with codes and legal regulations.
• Ensures appropriate staffing by recruiting, selecting, training, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees according to policies and procedures.
• Proficient in relevant software programs (i.e. Microsoft Office products, AutoCAD)
• PLC knowledge and fault finding
• Wonderware Orchestra knowledge
• Certificate in MV switching
• Training certificate in protection relays.
• If relevant – Certificate of Competency or equivalent.
• Infrastructure layout planning
• Project Management.
• Maintenance planning of electrical equipment.
• Installation and maintenance 11 Kv switchgear and overhead lines.
• Installation and maintenance of 11Kv transformers/RMU switchgear.
• Installation and maintenance of 11Kv Mill slip-ring motors
• Installation and maintenance of MV protection relays for Mills
• Installation and maintenance of IR and SIT on MV and LV switchgear
• Testing MV cables
• Installation and maintenance of Mill VSD units and LV soft starters & VSD
• Knowledge of Diesel operated engines [Wartsila and Allen Diesels/Cummins]
Mode of Application: Application cover letter (Subject should be: Superintendent Electrical and/or quote the job number), detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees, to be forwarded to below address. You will be required to bring original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
Senior Human Resources Manager,
Geita Gold Mining Ltd,
Email: [email protected]
NB: Internal applicants may submit applications to departmental HR Officer. All internal applications must be endorsed by the applicant’s head of department.
Application Deadline: Application letters should reach the above on or before 3rd April 2019.17hr30. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! GGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +255 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing [email protected] or use the internet at www.tip-offs.com.