Name of the Position: – Supply Chain Assistant
Reports to: – Supply Chain Manager
Duty Station: – Kibondo
Start date: Immediately
Duration: 09 months
Danish Refugee Council is a humanitarian actor in Tanzania. Since 2015, as part of the Burundian Refugee Response in Tanzania, DRC works in the sectors of camp management, community-based protection, livelihoods, protections, WASH, General Food Distributions and shelter/ small infrastructure in Nduta & Mtendeli camps, Also DRC is implementing Camp management, Community based protection and Livelihoods projects in Nyarugusu refugee camp.
The purpose of this job is to provide efficient and effective support in the procurement unit in Kibondo Office to carry on the procurement of good, services and works for DRC Tanzania Programs. This post holder will assist the procurement officers to ensure an effective and efficient procurement of goods, services, works, transparency, fairness and integrity process are followed at all level.
Duties and Responsibilities
• The Procurement Assistant closely works with the Procurement Officers to ensure a timely procurement are done.
• The Procurement Assistant will assist the Procurement Officers in the procurement process. Raise, dispatch, follow up of (RFQs, ITB, POs, Services Agreement, etc…)
• The Procurement Assistant will be responsible to update the Procurement and Payment Trackers on daily basis and share with the Procurement Officers for review before sharing with the Managers every week
• The Procurement Assistant will have to organize all the procurement files in the appropriate folders.
• The Procurement Assistant prepares the schedules of shipping and deliveries of goods and liaise with the warehouses teams to ensure that all items ordered are deliver on time as per PO, or Contracts.
• The Procurement Assistant liaise with the requestors and the warehouses teams to ensure that they are present to verify and receive the orders and verify that the correct items and amounts have been delivered.
• To assist in the verification and review of all procurement process and documents before placing an order, work or service contract.
• Before placing an order, the Procurement Assistant together with the Procurement Officers carefully checks purchase orders for accuracy, completeness and clarity, verify that product information, shipping information, cost and delivery dates are all correct before obtaining authorization to place an order.
• The Procurement Assistant will liaise with Programs to keep them inform when the goods will be delivering to organize together with the store’s keepers, the reception of the items.
• Ensure that you are working to the best of your ability and demonstrate high levels of commitment to DRC to ensure the objectives of your role and the country program are met
• To perform any other task requested by your Line Manager
• Bachelor’s degree in Procurement and Logistic Management
• Have a good judgment and the ability to interpret policies and procedures
• Proactive, analyzing, have careful attention to details.
• Computer literacy particularly with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and Access
• A High standard of numeracy
• A responsible attitude and ability to manage the resources
• Proven high level of problem-solving skills
• Excellent management skills including a capacity to prioritize the work
• Experience working with INGOs in logistics department
• Background in logistics procedures (Procurement)
• Good writing report skills
• Ability to work under pressure
• Team player
The position is open to Tanzanian citizens only.
Terms of Employment:
Salary and conditions in accordance with DRC’s Terms of Employment for National Staff in Tanzania and based on UNHCR Tanzania’s salary scale for IP National Staff.
DRC as an employer
By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries. We pride ourselves on our:
• Professionalism, impact & expertise
• Humanitarian approach & the work we do
• Purpose, meaningfulness & own contribution
• Culture, values & strong leadership
• Fair compensation & continuous development