TITLE: Supply Chain Assistant Team Leader
REPORT TO: Supply Chain Team Leader.
Job Brief: He or she is responsible for supervision and analyse data, find creative solutions, generate reports and present findings to upper management, communicate with external suppliers and buyers, comprehend legal documents, and developing lasting relationships with others. He & she must be proactive problem solvers with ability to motivate others. Also, to render and maintain an effective and efficient procurement function that will ensure value for money when acquiring assets, goods and services.
Duties and Responsibilities.
- Manage and motivate a team of supply chain staff
- Deliver a technical support and guidance to team
- Responsible to all procurement of items/goods or/and services.
- Assist in developing and maintaining various supply chain plans and strategies
- Supervise all procurement processes and implement/reinforce a tracking system for all local and international procurement procedures.
- Ensuring stores have enough stock
- Coordinate with Team Leader to ensure that all issues are reported and solutions are realized as the issues arise.
- Enforce a zero-tolerance policy regarding corruption and contribute to ensuring complaints are recorded and investigated appropriately, in line with the Tanzania Code of Conduct.
- Tracking products through branch offices to make sure they arrive at their destination
- Monitoring the implementation of supply chain policies.
- Ensuring compliance with different statutory legislation.
- Assist in establishing a rigorous, accountable, and transparent procurement system, compliant with the Tanzania Operations on Procurement Management and local law.
- Contract Management and Asset Management.
- Conduct monthly demand planning to determine the needs and requirements for good and services.
- Assisting in conducting risk assessment.
- Promote the design, development, and implementation of warehouse, distribution and logistics solutions.
- Prepare and compile procurement reports for internal and external stakeholders.
- Perform any other task/activity as assigned as by the superior.
- Good team leader.
- Plenty of initiative and can work unsupervised
- Knowledge of geography.
- Good communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, Google spreadsheets, databases and other IT programs.
- Writing skills.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and make decisions quickly.
- Integrity and the ability to deal with confidential information are essential.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Financial management skills.
- Planning and organizing skills ability.
- Efficient and accurate with attention to detail.
- Assertiveness and Business acumen.
- Judgment and Negotiations skills.
Bachelor Degree in Procurement, Supply Chain Management or relevant field with 2 years’ experience in the supervision of supply chain team.
- Familiarity with safety and procedural best practices in SCM
- Ability to multitask and successfully operate in a fast paced, team environment;
- Must adapt well to change and successfully set and adjust priorities as needed;
- Computer literacy essential.
How to Apply
Interested individuals should submit their applications to email@example.com indicating:
- Why you think you qualify for this post
- Current CV, indicating relevant experience based on previous tasks; and skills that you are bringing into the organization.
- Names and contacts of three referees who have supervised you in your previous working history.
- Email subject should indicate the region you apply for.
Telephone calls will not be entertained
The deadline for submitting the application is 16 April 2021