Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Survey Assistants to join our team in Underground Mine Survey Section. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and ensure safe work practices, i.e. attending compulsory safety courses and meetings, use of required PPE, incident/accident reporting and ensuring total adherence to all Safety, Occupational Health and Environmental Policies, as well as other relevant policies, procedures and guidelines.
Reporting to: Chief Underground Mine Surveyor
Work Schedule: 7 Days Day Shift / 7 Days Night Shift / 7 Days Day Off
Duration: 1 Year
- Assists the Mine Surveyor in any task required for the maintenance of Survey control as specified in the survey code of practice
- Daily vehicle cleaning, checks and timely reporting of any defects. Liaise with Maintenance Department when reporting defects at regular service intervals
- Assist and support Mine Surveyor to ensure mine production and development is done accordance with established standards and procedures
- Compliance to good housekeeping principles/standards
- Complete the entire task at required rate and on time
- Ensure that facilities and equipment are being used safely and that appropriate work method is being applied
- Ensure there is adherence to all BGML policies and procedures
- Comply with occupation Health and Environment policies, as well as other policies, procedure and guidelines
- Form Four/Six with some knowledge of Underground Mine Surveying
- Must possess valid Tanzanian driving license and able to drive a light vehicle in underground environment
- At least 2 years surveying experience of which 1 year was spent practicing surveying in an underground mining environment, preferably in a trackless mine.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent communication in English ,both writing and verbal
- Basic Computer Skills
- Hazard identification and Risk assessment
- Mine health &Safety awareness
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
- Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME
- Indicating the role title “SURVEY ASSISTANT“ in the subject of your email
- Send your application via e-mail to: [email protected]
If you are not contacted by Barrick- Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 28th August 2020