Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Survey Technician to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and on a practical note will ensure activities in the survey department are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures.
- Reporting to: Mine Underground Surveyor
- Work Schedule: 7 Days Day Shift/ 7 Days Night Shift / 7 Days Day Off
- Duration: Permanent
- Ensure all fired rounds are correctly recorded so as to monitor development trend of every active mining heading.
- Ensure correct DGPS Base setup system
- Compiling the information in a system that it can be retrieved and used
- Development pickup and pickup processing mapping on mined areas
- Ensure all survey station reports and mine stakeout plans are filed correctly.
- Ensure all Survey stations are positioned and placed correctly as directed by the Mine Surveyor
- Regular stock taking of survey consumables to ensure there is at least the minimum required kept in survey store at all times.
- Installation of grade pins, lasers and stations
- Mark-up of Holes Electric hole and Paste holes
- Face mark-ups on drilling areas
- Setup of instrument below station in underground
- Assists the Mine Surveyor in any task required for the maintenance of Survey control
- Numbering batteries of all electronic equipment and ensuring they are charged correctly, keeping record of the mandatory discharging process of all such batteries.
- Daily vehicle cleaning, checks and timely reporting of any defects. Liaise with Maintenance Department when reporting defects at regular service intervals.
- Sufficient on the job training and working experience through other documented roles in underground mining surveying that are considered acceptable by company authorities
- Ensure safe work practices, i.e. attending compulsory safety courses and meetings, use of required PPE, incident/accident reporting and ensuring total adherence to all Safety, Occupational Health and Environmental Policies, as well as other relevant policies, procedures and guidelines.
- A Survey Technician’s Certificate.
- Technician certificate in any of the survey related fields of Cartography, Civil engineering, mining engineering, geology should be accompanied with experience of working as a survey assistant in underground mine environment.
- At least 2 years working experience in Underground Mining environment as a survey technician.
- Experience in Software’s – Mincard, Surpac, Deswik, Maptek point studio.
- Experience in using and operating Leica and instruments ie Total stations and RTK GPS
- Experience in using Survey scanners for both Underground and Surface.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Knowledge of any relevant surveying, CAD or mine design software is beneficial
- Knowledge of MS Office suite of programs is beneficial Sound practical experience in any conventional surveying method
- Excellent communication in English ,both writing and verbal
- Hazard identification and Risk assessment
- Mine health and Safety Act awareness
|WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
|HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
|If you are not contacted by Barrick – Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 8th December 2020
|BEWARE OF CONMEN! BGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com|