TANESCO Vacancies temporary employment November 2019
PUBLIC SERVICE RECRUITMENT SECRETARIAT
Ref.No.EA.7/96/01/K/120 27th November, 2019
VACANCIES ANNOUNCEMENT- TEMPORARY EMPLOYMENT
On behalf of Tanzania Electric Supply Company Limited (TANESCO) Public
Service Recruitment Secretariat (PSRS) invites dynamic and suitably qualified
Tanzanians to fill 62 vacant posts.
1.0 TANZANI A ELECTRIC SUPPLY COMPANY LIMITED (TANESCO)
Tanzania Electric Supply Company Limited (TANESCO) is a Parastatal organization established by Memorandum and Articles of Association incorporated in 26th November, 1931 which established Tanzania Electric Supply C o m p a n y Limited (By then Tanganyika Electric Supply Company Limited -TANESCO). The Company generates purchases, transmits, distributes and sells electricity to Tanzania Mainland and sells bulk power to the Zanzibar Electricity Corporation (ZECO), which in turn sells it to the Public in islands of Ungula and Pemba. TANESCO owns most of the electricity generating, transmitting and distributing facilities in Tanzania Mainland with estimated population of 50 million.
In undertaking its core functions TANESCO is guided by National Energy Policy of 2003 and Electricity Act of 2008. TANESCO Ltd functions under regulatory guidance of Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA) established by the EWURA Act of 2001. In complying with the above directives, the Company has come
UNITED REPUBLIC OF TANZANIA
up with structure that reduces operational costs without compromising performance and efficiency. It has also considered the National Agenda for Industrialization that aims at transforming Tanzania’s economy into middle income.
1.0.1 CUSTOMER SERVICE/ CARE REPRESENTATIVE – 62 POSTS 1.0.2 DURATION- ONE YEAR CONTRACT 1.0.3 WORKSTATION- REGIONAL/DISTRICTS 1.0.4 REPORTING TO: REGIONAL/DISTRICT CUSTOMER RELATIONS OFFICER 1.0.5 JOB PURPOSE: To respond to customer inquiries/complaints and ensure customers receive efficient and satisfactory services in the Region and District levels.
1.0.6 DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receive calls from customers and relay information to the recipient staff
clearly, timely and perfectly;
- Handle Customer queries and provide appropriate solutions and
alternatives within the time limits and follow up to ensure resolution;
iii. Register all customer complaints in the special register and TANESCO’S
Service Delivery Management System (SDM); and
- Proper recording of time used to restore/repair/respond to customer
1.0.7 QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Diploma either in Marketing, Public Relations or Business Administration
(Majoring in Marketing or Public Relations) from registered and recognized
- Computer knowledge is compulsory; and
- Relevant working experience of one (1) year in a reputable organization.
1.0.8 OTHER SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Ability to communicate excellently in English and Swahili (active listening and
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work under pressure; and
- Quick thinking and decision making.
GENERAL CONDITIONS i. All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania of not more than 45 years of age;
- Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts;
postal address/post code, e-mail and telephone numbers;
iii. Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this
- Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following certificates;
- Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates;
- Birth certificate.
- Attaching copies of the following certificates is strictly not accepted
- Form IV and form VI results slips;
- Testimonials and all Partial transcripts.
- Applicants who have/were retired from the Public Service for whatever reason
should not apply;
vii. Permanent employees in the Public Service are not allowed to apply;
viii. Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts;
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level
education should be verified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania
(NECTA) and National Council for Technical Education (NACTE);
- Applicants with special needs/case (disability) are supposed/advised to indicate;
- A signed application letter should be written either in Swahili or English and
Addressed to Secretary, Presidents Office, Public Service Recruitment Secretariat, 8
Kivukoni Road, P.O. Box 63100, 11102 Dar es Salaam;
xii. Deadline for application is 11th December, 2019;
xiii. Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview; and
xiv. Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate to legal
NOTE: All applications must be sent through Recruitment Portal by using the
following address; http://portal.ajira.go.tz/and not otherwise (This address
also can be found at PSRS Website, Click ‘Recruitment Portal’)
PUBLIC SERVICE RECRUITMENT SECRETARIAT