- Developing and managing communications strategies for the Tanzania programme and for individual projects
- Promoting FZS and FZS projects through production of press releases, information materials and reports
- Supporting FZS team members to help them articulate project vision, goals, and capabilities to a wider audience
- Drafting of communications plans, budgets, timelines, and supporting materials in collaboration with Country Director and Project Leaders
- Ensuring FZS communications standards according to FZS Corporate Design and CI are being maintained
- Responsible for all Tanzania related content on FZS websites and social media
- Supporting management to anticipate potential and/or emerging communication challenges
- Acting as a liaison for external communications including responding to local and international media requests, organizing logistics for and hosting media and journalists at project sites, and supporting permitting of photography/filming for FZS purposes
- Supporting the development of fundraising proposals, reports, presentations and 3rd party funding proposals.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of 5 years of communications work with increasing responsibility in the conservation sectors
- Very good communication skills, also technically. Excellent knowledge and use of the various communications tools and platforms of a digital world and social media.
- Experience in developing and delivering successful communications strategies
- Proven ability to set short- and long-term goals in line with programme priorities
- Skilled at building consensus and incorporating team input into strategies and communication materials
- Experience in developing a diverse portfolio of materials and content, including press releases, websites, social media, articles, posters, brochures, etc.
- A track record of achieving public relations objectives, Tanzania experience highly desired
- Profound knowledge of photography, video production, websites and working with CMS.
- Articulate and confident oral communication and excellent writing skills in English (additional language skills such as Kiswahili, German or French are an advantage)
- Understands the trends and sensitivities of the conservation sector in Tanzania
- A commitment to conservation, and to the mission and vision of FZS
- Ability to be flexible, creative, and assume high accountability for all areas of responsibility. Must demonstrate strong collaborative spirit and leadership ability as well as intercultural competence
- Contributes to a dynamic and positive organizational culture, and acts as a positive role model for others in the organization
TERMS & BENEFITS
An attractive package based on FZS employment schemes and potentially a long-term position in an internationally recognized conservation organization. The employment contract is initially limited to 2 years with the prospect of extension.
Probation period is 6 months.
Please send your application including a cover letter and a chronological CV in PDF format (one document) to [email protected]. The cover letter will be used to judge the quality of your application.
Application deadline is Dec 15th , 2019.