COUNTRY PROGRAM COORDINATOR (CPC)
The Bureau of the Fiscal Service, on behalf of the United States African Development Foundation (USADF), is posting this job vacancy to seek a qualified individual to serve as a Country Program Coordinator (CPC) for its field office in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania under a personal service contract for a base period of 12-months and four 12-month option periods.
The United States African Development Foundation (USADF) is an agency of the United States Government. USADF provides grant funding to private businesses, farmers’ cooperatives, associations, and various community-based organizations, especially those serving marginalized peoples engaged in economic and social development activities.
The Foundation started its grant funding activities in Tanzania in 2008. USADF’s office in Dar es Salaam provides on-going support to projects that have been financed and also continues to identify viable local self-help groups, NGOs, and small and medium-sized enterprises that show potential to create employment opportunities, generate sustainable incomes and have broad social impact beyond the grant activity
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Citizen of the Country of Tanzania (signed statement only with initial application)
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in agriculture, business administration, management, public administration, finance, accounting, community development, economics, or a related field
- High level of motivation, personal commitment, and ethical
- Fluency in written and spoken Swahili and
- Willingness to travel extensively throughout
- Demonstrated ability to operate independently in high visibility, high-pressure environments and operate in a complex office environment, emergency and/or political crisis situations with minimal supervision;
- Knowledge of grant management or commercial/micro-lending;
- Experience working with marginalized groups and/or community-based enterprises.
- Experience managing client relationships, especially in grants management, banking, business development, or international development
- Experience with or education related to financial management/accounting
- Experience auditing, monitoring, or evaluating international development
- Five years of professional experience in business development, finance, banking, auditing, monitoring and evaluation, and/or management of international development program.
- Knowledge of community needs assessment, mobilization, community enterprises participatory development, and/or monitoring the implementation of an assistance activity under a grant or cooperative
PREFERRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Experience working with international donors
- Experience with grant management or commercial/micro
- Knowledge of and commitment to USADF mission and
- Knowledge or experience with community needs
- Experience with participatory development
HOW TO APPLY
Applications shall be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “Applications for RFP-ADF-FOP-21-0002 Tanzania CPC, Attention BGuinn/TAshcroft” and received on or before 10:00 am EDT or EST Tanzania time on Friday, October 2, 2020. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered. Only complete applications submitted to the e-mail address above will be considered.
A complete application shall include the following items:
1. In submitting your response by email, the subject line must reference: Applications for RFP-ADF-FOP-21-0002 Tanzania CPC, Attention BGuinn/TAshcroft.
2. Provide a Cover Letter in English that demonstrates the applicant’s capability to perform each of the required work responsibilities identified in Section 3.0 of the statement of work.
3. Provide a resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV) that demonstrates the applicant has the required qualifications identified in Section 4.0 of the statement of work. Furthermore,
a. The resume or CV must be written in English
b. Write “RFP-ADF-FOP-21-0002 Tanzania CPC” on the front page of the resume or CV.
c. Applicant should hand sign the last page of the resume or CV.
4. Provide a signed statement that you are a citizen of the Country of Tanzania. (Please do not send a copy of an identification card with a photograph such as a driver’s license, national identification card, or passport with your initial application. The Government will request a hard copy of one of the aforementioned items as proof at the Interview Phase of the Evaluation Process).
5. Provide a copy of applicant’s educational diploma
6. Provide salary history for last three positions similar to the position as described herein;
7. Provide a list of three (3) references with contact information (telephone number and if available, email).
Thank you for your interest in USADF. We look forward to reviewing your application.
This job announcement is solely intended to advertise the Tanzania Country Program Coordinator (CPC) position opening. To apply for this position, YOU MUST RESPOND IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE SOLICITATION RFP-ADF- FOP-21-0002 POSTED AT https://www.fbo.gov/.
A COPY OF THE SOLICITATION CAN ALSO BE OBTAINED AT: https://www.usadf.gov/