50% Finance and Strategy:
- Decide the Long-Term Financial Strategy for Your Countries. We use long-term planning to chart a path to sustainable growth for our nine countries. You will represent finance in the strategic planning process and push for the right balance between impact ($ that a farmer earns), scale (# of farm families we serve), and sustainability ($ it costs us to serve a farmer). You will focus One Acre Fund on the right financial metrics, propose better structures for growth, pro-actively mitigate risks, and promote a culture that maximize $ impact / $ spent (SROI) for all countries.
- Lead Financial Decisions. You will own ‘finances’ perspective for every major operational decision (pricing, expansion, target setting, management structure, R&D trials, etc). You will work through country management to improve operational decisions. The main goal here will be to streamline our various different decisions (where we expand, how much we charge, how much we need for prepayment, how we incentive our staff, how we use group liability) into one clear plan.
- Manage a Small Analyst Team in Each Country. Each country has a in-country FAS analyst who handle the day-to-day work in countries. This is your team, and you are responsible for continuously developing this team through leadership and hiring so that they are providing actionable advice that increases each countries SROI.
- Control In-Country Budgets: You will recommend how much each program can spend each year. You will be responsible for merging org-wide limits (deficit targets) with on-the-ground realities (needed increase in investment with X,Y,Z). Budgets determine our next year operational targets and spending limits. This includes all new projects and non-core programs.
- Report Quarterly Results to Management. Each month, your team will be responsible for keeping our teams on budget (where necessary), doing a monthly ‘Budget vs. Actuals’ analysis, identifying key upcoming risks, analyzing margin, and projecting out each country financial results. The team will then share these reports across the executive team of the firm to inform org-wide decisions. Your team is expected to execute the process to a high standard of professionalism (timely, well-written, error-free)
50% Tanzania Rotation Resource:
- Coordinate Steering Committee Sessions and Objective Setting. Coordinate, vote, and help shape the agenda for our key decision body in Tanzania that decides every major operational decision. Lead the process of putting together the country wide objectives (OKRs) across the team, and work to hold teams accountable to these goals. This will require strong stakeholder communication and regular country director updates.
- Take on Roles Across the Team: We have a small team in Tanzania, and this role will fill in gaps across a bevy on teams (logistics, field ops, innovations, and etc) to create direct impact on the team. You will gain a lot of field knowledge quickly as you quickly support all areas of the business as needed.
- Take on Projects As Needed: You will be responsible for projects that cut across teams that don’t fit clearly into one department or another. A couple examples of this would be, fertilizer negotiations or helping trial lean districts across departments.
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are seeking an exceptional professional with 2+ year(s) of work experience and ideally a demonstrated passion for our mission. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- 2+ years work experience. Examples include a demanding professional work experience in a finance function (e.g. SME management consulting, an entrepreneurial role, working as a business or finance analyst).
- Strong financial modeling expertise
- Direct project management experience
- Proven Direct, humble, honest, and prompt communication at an executive level
- Independent and entrepreneurial drive
- Demonstrated leadership experience at work, or outside of work
- A willingness to commit to living in rural areas of East Africa for at least two years – this is a long-term, career-track position with potential to grow into a management role
- Languages: French (required), English (required)
PREFERRED START DATE– As soon as possible
JOB LOCATION– Iringa,Tanzania
COMPENSATION– Commensurate with experience
BENEFITS– Health insurance, paid time off
SPONSOR INTERNATIONAL CANDIDATES – No; Must have existing rights to work in Tanzania.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here ([email protected]), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.