Tanzania Government Relations Analyst Company Name One Acre Fund Company Iringa Tanzania
one acre fund tanzania internship, one acre fund p.o box iringa, one acre fund contact, nafasi za kazi one acre fund iringa, one acre fund recruitment, one acre fund mbeya address, one acre fund p.o box tanzania, one acre fund jobs iringa
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly. We currently serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
One Acre Fund works closely with local and national governments. Our principal focus is the Ministry of Agriculture in countries where we operate, but we also pay close attention to other actors in the agricultural sector. Our aim is to share information on what we do. We also require detailed insights into the strategic, regulatory, and legislative issues affecting the sector.
Our government relations team supports field operations to provide vital services to farmers. It also informs our wider policy, communications, and outreach work. We believe that powerful opportunities exist to partner with the government to shape and implement effective policy, coordinated with our significant field presence.
One Acre Fund started operating in Tanzania in 2013 and is currently serving around 39,000 farmers across Iringa, Mbeya, Songwe, Njombe and Mwanza regions. Our program is on a rapid growth trajectory, aiming to serve over 107,000 farmers by 2020. In Tanzania’s complex operating environment, the Government Relations Analyst will be responsible for building up our network of political supporters and intelligence to improve our collaboration with government and ensure compliance of all aspects of our operations. They will also deepen existing relationships with high-profile officials at the Ministry of Agriculture, regulators, Ministry of Labor and Immigration in Dar es Salaam and Dodoma, with the overall goal to raise One Acre Fund’s visibility with national government and secure approvals.
The successful applicant will report to the Government Relations Manager for East and Southern Africa, and work closely with the global government relations and policy team. The position will be based in Iringa, Dodoma or Dar es Salaam and will require frequent travel (up to 30%) for several weeks at a time between all three locations, as well as Mbeya and Mwanza.
There Are Several Major Duties
- Establish a network of senior government and political champions at parliamentary and cabinet levels to actively support One Acre Fund’s program and future expansion
- Organize meetings and field visits for strategic outreach to national government and politicians and deliver targeted briefings and reports to this group
- Actively identify additional networks among key actors in the national agricultural sector with influence at the parliament or cabinet level
- Interpret and explain policies and laws applicable to One Acre Fund field operations, both at the country and regional levels
- Support country policy and partnership initiatives including research, strategy development, and monitoring and evaluation
- Implement projects that deliver quantifiable and tangible impact to smallholder farmers
- Identify trends in government and politics that may affect One Acre Fund activities, and design strategies that mitigate future risks
- Manage several high-performing local and national government relations team members
- Build expertise on regional agricultural issues (i.e. subsidy programs, extension, market access, regional economic trade, etc.) to identify ways Tanzanian farmers can benefit from regional trends
- Deliver trainings on work planning, strategic thinking, IT skills and mentoring for the local government team
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are seeking an exceptional professional(s) with 2+ year(s) of work experience and ideally a demonstrated passion for our mission. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Strong work experience in external or government relations with fluency in the Tanzanian Government structure.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to solve problems creatively, deal positively with challenges, and work well under pressure.
- Leadership experience at work, or outside of work.
- Language: Fluent in Swahili and English.
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Commensurate with experience
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
Sponsor International Candidates
No. Must have existing rights to work in Tanzania.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here.