ABOUT ONE ACRE FUND
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly. We currently serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
The Tanzania Program Associate’s primary responsibility is to successfully plan and manage projects to support the program to increase in scale and grow in impact for every farm family enrolled. You will manage strategy projects, innovations, systems or operations, on an as-needed basis
Specific responsibilities could include, but are not limited to:
- Field Operations: Set annual strategic plan for delivering increased impact to farmers, and manage individual projects to contribute to our goals
- Systems: Lead systems teams in process and team improvement projects to enable the program to effectively scale and provide high-quality customer service to our farmers
- Impact: Drive the success of the Tanzania program’s plan to offer 5 species of trees to more than 175,000 smallholder farmers by 2023
- Management: Directly manage, mentor and develop team leaders to take on increasing levels of independence and responsibility within the team
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career
Specific qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- 2+ years of work experience
- Project management: Design and implement complex projects to success
- Problem Solving: Ready and able to identify & solve complex problems as they arise across the program
- Growth mindset: Enthusiasm for learning, feedback and improvement
- Results-oriented: You set goals and take ownership of driving towards them
- Cross-cultural fluency: You will collaborate with colleagues from diverse backgrounds
- Strong educational background; minimum Bachelor’s Degree
- Willingness to travel to rural locations, and to be based in Iringa, Mbeya or Njombe Tanzania
PREFERRED START DATE
As soon as possible
Iringa, Mbeya or Njombe, Tanzania
Commensurate with experience
Health insurance, paid time off
SPONSOR INTERNATIONAL CANDIDATES
Yes; Tanzania country nationals / East Africans are strongly encouraged to apply.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here ([email protected]), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.