ABOUT TATU PROJECT
TATU Project is a non-profit organization that facilitates equal and sustainable development for the rural community of Msitu wa Tembo and Londoto in Northern Tanzania. We address community needs and build effective solutions through active collaboration with members of the community and relevant stakeholders.
W.E. GROW PROGRAM DESCRIPTION
W.E. Grow is a personal empowerment project that aims to empower the women of the Kazi na Sala women’s group in the social** and interpersonal areas affecting their lives. The long-term goal of W.E. Grow is that the women in Msitu wa Tembo will feel empowered personally, within their families, and as members of a larger society. W.E. Grow provides a personal empowerment program for each woman to increase their agency on individual, relational, societal, and institutional levels. Then, through group support, they may start paving the way towards their personal objectives.
W.E Care PROJECT DESCRIPTION
W.E. Care’s predominant focus is on community empowerment. The program encompasses projects that allow the women to become educated in health issues, business knowledge and other practical skills and enable them to become empowered to deliver the knowledge to their community in a way that benefits all involved.
KiliPads aims to increase the level of knowledge regarding menstruation management and to decrease the social stigma surrounding it; while also making and selling reusable sanitary pads to increase the resources available to women in the community to help manage their menstruation.
W.E Grow & W.E Care manager will work closely with Kazi na Sala women group and the TATU Women Empowerment team in ensuring W.E projects are more sustainable and women are assisted in becoming more independent and empowered personally and as a group.
- Provide program management oversight including partners selection and grants management
- Develop capacity of woman’s rights organization.
- Support the development and/or documentation of training implementation and tools
- Lead in writing proposals, concept papers, weekly/monthly/quarterly reports, pitches, individual stories
- Prepare curriculum and activities necessary to conduct and clarify to reach the objective
- Monitor the financial controls of kazi na sala women group
- Establish a strategy with Kazi na Sala leaders to increase membership and attract active members.
- Create W.E. Grow/empowerment related and implement a curriculum that covers: conflict resolution, empowerment concepts, leadership, and group communication
- Develop and implement gender policy within the organization
- Support in the implementation of the Gender Based Violence project in Kazi na Sala women group
- Making sure the women are consistently making quality sanitary pads
- Review the packaging and labeling
- Test the product and make necessary improvements.
- Set up the business. Develop and manage the W.E. Care empowerment program
- Identify and implement needed support/training throughout the phases of the project
- Mentor and facilitate and KiliPads leaders
- Coordinate and supervise everyday operations of KiliPads activities.
- Ensure smooth communications between TATU and the women of the community
- Involvement in maintaining donor relationship
- Regular weekly and monthly reporting
- Take part in fundraising efforts
- Manage W.E. Care team and communicate with C.E.O
- Align program to organization strategic plan
Generally the W.E Grow and W.E care manager will be responsible for:
- Ensure adherence to established monitoring and evaluation systems and improve the implementation of the system in coordination with team member
- Support other W.E Projects team in areas necessary
- Build databases for partners, networks and gather relevant information
- Support communication of TATU goals with the community members and vice versa
- Responsible for managing the project budgeting and accounting
It is essential for you to have:
- An undergrad degree in either International Development, International Relations, Community Development,Business Management, Project Management Education or a relevant degree.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven time management skills
- Innovative and analytical thinker, with an ability to find solutions to complex problems whilst incorporating the values of the organization
- Business skills will be an added advantage.
- Cultural sensitivity
- Ability to work well in a team and autonomously
- A proficient level of English skills, writing and oral
- Passion and values that align with TATU Project
It is desirable for you to have:
- Experience with international non-profits
- Experience with rural women’s groups
- A good grasp of accounting and finance concepts
- Computer skills across MS office and other relevant applications
- Knowledge on how safe spaces for marginalised groups function
- A good of grasp of accounting and finance concepts
- Computer literate across MS office applications.
- 1 year contract with expectation of renewal based on performance
- First three months of probationary period
- Salary from 600,000 TZS per month
- 60% Health insurance compensation
- Communication stipend
- Transportation covered to and from the field
- Mandatory taxes and pension compensation
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply by sending your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line “W.E. Grow & W. E Care manager Application”
The deadline for submitting the application is 04 Jan 2021