IMA World Health (IMA) is a member of Corus International, a consortium of organizations working together to deliver holistic, durable solutions to the interconnected challenges of poverty, poor health outcomes, and climate change. Established in 1960, legacy IMA has a long history of successfully collaborating with governments, faith-based organizations, national partners, and the private sector to provide quality healthcare for the most vulnerable. Today, legacy IMA builds the capacities of local partners and governments to strengthen existing health systems, prevent and treat diseases, improve maternal and child health, promote nutrition and WASH, respond to sexual and gender-based violence, and contribute to global health security.
Lutheran World Relief is as a member of Corus International & has worked in Tanzania since 1961, partnering with the Ministry of Agriculture and other local public and private stakeholders to strengthen long-term food security. In Tanzania, legacy LWR specializes in building the local capacity of farmers organizations to provide sustainable, equitable, and value-add services to their members. Through these organizations, legacy LWR trains farmers in improved crop husbandry and post-harvest handling and marketing techniques. legacy LWR also helps link the organizations and their members to financial institutions and other extension service providers. To date, legacy LWR has supported Tanzanian farmers organizations producing and selling value chain horticultural crops (grapes, tomatoes, onions, ginger), cereals (maize, rice, sorghum), vegetables, oil seeds (sesame, sunflower), coffee, beans, and potatoes.
Legacy LWR and IMA are looking for accredited tax consultant to undertake an organization tax health check, identify and address the gaps and help the organization to comply with the requirements of Tanzania Revenue Authority, NGO registry and other appropriate entities of the United Republic of Tanzania.
Position: Tax Consultant
Terms of reference for Tax Consultant
PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT.
Support LWR/IMA to ensure compliance with Tanzania tax regulation.
- Advice legacy LWR/IMA tax requirement as per Tanzania Revenue Authority and other government agency which has be compliant with their tax obligations
- Undertake organization wide Tax Health Check of both legacy LWR/IMA
- Assist legacy LWR/IMA staff in collecting, organizing and preparing tax documents and returns.
- Be available to answer tax questions and help to prepare future tax situations and analyze tax information to ensure legacy LWR/IMA is compliance with government regulations.
- Provide regular update to legacy LWR/IMA on alterations in tax rates, new tax and tax legislation that has been introduced by TRA and other government agencies.
- On behalf of legacy LWR/IMA, respond to government on different tax related issues.
- Train legacy LWR/IMA staff on tax compliance and tax law.
- Management and resolution of tax issues with the Tanzania Revenue Authority as requested by the company
- Preparation of tax computations, filing of tax returns and stamp duty.
- Provide reminder on the dates of filing tax returns, making tax payments and other important tax information.
- Advice on tax implications when the organizations finalizes joint registration
Required Qualifications Work Experience:
- In responding to this request, the firm will submit their profile, which will include:
- Expression of interest (up to 3 pages) – outlining the summary of relevant previous experience (minimum requirement is five years) including description of provided services to International NGOs
- Names and resumes of key personnel
- Organizational details, including firm name, year established, copy of firm’s certification (including TIN certificate, copy of business permit, accreditation certificate and Valid Tax Compliance certificate)
- Two references to other international NGOs whom your firm has served and provide a brief description as to the kinds of services rendered.
- Name of any international association to which your firm belongs.
- Disclosure of anyone in your firm currently serves as a government official or has served as a government official in the past 5 years.
- Audited accounts for the last 3 years
- Indicate retainer fee per year, service that will be offered and proposed method of invoicing.
- Publication articles and/or international NGO tax issue case studies or essays completed if available (optional requirement)
Complete applications containing elements 1) through 9) should be submitted as attachments to an email to: [email protected]
The subject line should read: Tax Consultant
Deadline for the submission of bids is on Friday November 20th, 2020 by 5pm Tanzania time.
Applicants who do not follow application instructions will be rejected. ONLY short listed candidates will be contacted.