Tax Affairs (Total Tanzania Ltd & Gapco Tanzania Ltd)
- Ensure Companies’ compliance with tax provision (planning, accounting and payment) for direct and indirect taxes.
- Corporate Income Taxes: preparation of monthly estimates for the P&L; Preparation of quarterly instalments and preparation of annual tax returns.
- VAT: ensure efficiency and compliance; preparation and filing of monthly return
- Withholding Tax: ensure efficiency and compliance; preparation and filing of monthly return
- Customs Duties: ensure efficiency and compliance with tax provision in relation with Operational departments (Supply, Procurement, Specialties).
- Other Tax and Contributions: ensure efficiency and compliance with tax provision
- Ensure companies Tax Health: Check previous periods Tax implementation and propose mitigations to risk identified on tax affairs.
- Research the implications of tax laws and advise the management and staff on tax related issues
- Maintain relation with TRA and other tax authorities before, during and after audits
- Responsible of financial audits process
- Review and Implement Archiving procedures on tax matters
- Relationship with Shareholders, Customers and Suppliers
- Ensure Tax efficiency of pricing structure with customers and suppliers
- Review Tax implication of contracts
- Coordinate annual review of Transfer Pricing documentation and ensure proper archiving of supporting documents to substantiate the services received or provided.
- Assist Young Dealers with their tax affairs when required
- Ensure the quarterly Consolidation is published on time by the section
- Prepare Bi-Annual reporting on Tax risk to share with Head Office tax Department
Context and environment
- Complex and changing regulatory environment with Increasing pressure on contributions and tax collection (TRA, EWURA, WMA, PBPA, TCAA, TPA, Municipalities, …) along with permanent controls from different authorities (e.g. TRA, PCCB).
- Bachelor’s degree or Equivalent in Finance/Accounting/Business Management with emphasis in Accounting –Professional qualified –CPA/ACCA
- Minimum experience of 5 years in Tax areas with Corporate or audit firm.
- Strong interpersonal and supervisory skills
- Ability to Multi-task, work under pressure, meet deadlines and be able to thrive in fast-paced work environment
Job Expires 14-Aug-2020