Find>> TCU habari mpya 2019/2020, breaking news from tcu, tcu 2019/2020, www.tcu.go.tz 2019/2020, tcu tanzania, www.tcu.go.tz 2019/20, tcu guide book, www.tcu.go.tz guide book 2019/20 – TCU BREAKING NEWS; 2019/2020 Download TCU admission Guide book
The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU) is a body corporate established on 1st July 2005, under the Universities Act 2005 (Chapter 346 of the Laws of Tanzania) with mandate to recognize, approve, register and accredit Universities operating in Tanzania, and local or foreign University level programs being offered by registered higher education institutions. It also coordinates the proper functioning of all university institutions in Tanzania so as to foster a harmonized higher education system in the country.
The Tanzania Commission for Universities succeeded the former Higher Education Accreditation Council (HEAC) which was established in 1995 under the Education Act 1995 with a legal mandate to regulate the establishment and subsequent accreditation of private university institutions in the country. Being limited only to private universities, such mandate was considered unfavourable for the promotion of a viable public-private partnership in higher education as stipulated in the National Higher Education Policy of 1999.
Therefore, such circumstances prompted the government to establish a harmonized higher education system in the country which led into the establishment of the Tanzania Commission for Universities. In order to ensure such a harmonious higher education system does not compromise institutional peculiarities and autonomy, each University has the legal right to operate under its own charter.
Find All the latest admission news Form the Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU), Check the liks below for the updates
- Taratibu za Udahili kwa Mwaka 2019/2020
- Admission Guide Book 2019/2020 for Form Six Applicants
- Admission Guide Book 2019/2020 for Ordinary Diploma/Equivalent Applicants
- Revised Admissions Almanac for 2019/2020
- Public Notice for 14th Exhibitions 2019/2020
The mandates and core functions of the Commission are provided under section 5(1) of the Universities Act Cap. 346. These functions can be clustered into the following three major areas.
- Regulatory Function
To conduct regular and impromptu periodic evaluation of universities, their systems and programmes so as to regulate the quality assurance systems at new and established universities and in the process, institutions are registered and accredited to operate in Tanzania. TCU also validates and evaluates programmes to ensure their credibility for recognition of university qualifications attained from local and foreign institutions for use in Tanzania.
- Advisory Function
To advise the government and the general public on matters related to higher education in Tanzania as well as international issues pertaining to higher education, including advice on program and policy formulation and other best practices.
- Supportive Function
To ensure the orderly conduct of university operations and management adherence to set standards and benchmarks, by providing support to universities in terms of coordinating the admission of students, offering training and other sensitisation interventions in key areas like quality assurance, university leadership and management, fund raising and resources mobilisation, entrepreneurial skills and gender mainstreaming.
Read more on Education in Tanzania
- TCU Undergraduate Admission Procedures 2019/2020
- Call for Applications For Universities in Tanzania 2019 – 2020
- Recognised Foreign Universities by TCU
- TCU Admissions Almanac for 2019/2020 Cycle
- The list of Institutions allowed to admit students in 2019/2020 academic year by the TCU
- List of approved and accredited institutions by TCU 2019/20
- List of Program/courses offered by Tanzania Colleges and Universities Academic Year 2019/2020
- How to apply for HESLB Loan 2019/20 | Namna ya kuapply mkopo HESLB 2019/20
- TCU ADMISSION GUIDE BOOK 2019/2020 FOR FORM SIX AND ORDINARY DIPLOMA
- Top best Universities in Tanzania 2019
- Business Colleges in Tanzania
- Joining instructions 2019/2020 For health and medical colleges in Tanzania
- Information Technology Colleges Tanzania
- List of Medical Schools in Tanzania (Doctor of medicine Colleges)
- Pharmacy Colleges in Tanzania
- Law Schools and colleges In Tanzania
- Journalism and Mass Media Communications Colleges in Tanzania
- Vyuo vya maendeleo ya jamii Tanzania – Community Development colleges in Tanzania
- Colleges Offering Diploma and certificate in Clinical Medicine in Tanzania,
- List of colleges and Universities in dar es salaam
- Agriculture and livestock Training colleges in Tanzania
- Livestock Training Agency (LITA)
- MS Training Centre for Development Cooperation
- Health and allied sciences Admission procedures
- Entry Requirements for Admission into Health and Allied Sciences
- Vyuo vya afya vya serikali – Government health colleges in tanzania 2019/2020
- Health colleges in Tanzania
- Joining instructions for Teachers Training colleges
- NACTE College application – Undegraduate Application
- Application for Health and Allied Sciences Programmes 2019
- Health and allied sciences Admission procedures
- Undergraduate admission 2019 – Undergraduate Admission Procedures
- Private Teaching Colleges in Tanzania
- Entry requirements for teacher training colleges in Tanzania
- Health colleges in dar es salaam – vyuo vya afya dar es salaam – medical colleges in dar es salaam
- NACTE Health Colleges