Position: Teachers – Class room Teachers
To provide a high level of education to the school’s children and help them learn new ideas and concepts to ensure the students meet the required standards of the Tanzanian education system.
Duty Station: Moshono & Usa River – Arusha, Tanzania.
Subjects: 1. Physics A + O – level (Location: Usa River, Arusha)
2. Geography O & A – level (Location: Usa River, Arusha)
3. Kiswahili O –level (St. Jude Girls – Moshono, Arusha)
Working relationships: All academic & business teams.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
The Teacher shall:
Teach one or more National Curriculum subjects to students in one or more Year levels
Plan lessons in line with National Curriculum syllabus documents and in accordance with the school policy
Provide a learning environment which allows students to learn effectively and in which they are inspired to learn
Monitor and record the progress of the students and encourage them to develop and fulfil their academic potential
Keep up to date with developments in the subject area, with new resources, teaching methodologies and national objectives.
Liaise and collaborate with colleagues
Fully support the work of the departments and fulfil the school’s mission and purpose.
Work harder hand in hand with the HOD/level coordinator to ensure that the academic and discipline of students at a particular level is attained at high standards.
Attend all assemblies, arrive punctually sit with the students to make sure they maintain high discipline.
Attend homeroom session on each morning when assigned and follow the homeroom procedures without failure.
Make sure your students are dressed in proper uniform every morning during homeroom time and other times when deem necessary. Main duties and responsibilities:
● Teaching up to 28 periods per week.
● Develop schemes of work (in collaboration with your HOD and other members of the department)
● Plan, prepare and deliver lessons to a range of classes with approved lesson notes.
● Prepare and maintain classroom norms and regulations which inspires the students to learn
● Devise and write new curriculum materials.
● Identify, develop, select and use a range of different teaching and learning resources and equipment
● Use relevant technology and strategies to support the teaching and learning in the classroom
● Be fully aware of the students’ who need and support them individually
● Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities within the lesson.
● Fill in the log books at the end of every week and schemes of work at the end of each month and submit it to the HOD for signing.
● Prepare homework and class work assignments and assessment tasks in line with school policy.
● Mark work, provide appropriate feedback and maintain records of student progress and development
● Provide timely and appropriate feedback to students in a way which will inform their learning.
● Recognise that assessment is on-going and should be carried out continuously
● Maintain accurate and complete records of students’ progress and development
● Fully prepare students for all internal and external examinations
● Research new topics and maintain up-to-date subject knowledge
● Be prepared to learn how to use relevant technology to improve the quality of teaching and learning
● Be prepared to learn from others and be a lifelong learner
● Undergo regular observations and participate in regular in-service training (INSET) as part of continuing professional development (CPD)
● Participate in ESL lessons and any other activities organised by Teacher Mentors Student management:
● Manage pupil behaviour in the classroom and throughout the school and apply appropriate and effective measures in cases of misbehavior
● Maintain discipline in accordance with the rules and disciplinary systems of the school and apply appropriate disciplinary measures where necessary
● Call parents (in collaboration with the HOD/level coordinator/deputy head master) when there is an academic/discipline concern or issues.
Whole school and departmental responsibilities:
● Provide support to the HOD and other members of the department in all aspects of curriculum delivery
● Take part in peer assessment – observing and providing feedback to colleagues
● Participate in departmental meetings and any whole school events
● Meet once monthly with the HOD in one on one meeting according to HOD`s calendar.
● Take responsibility for any text books or other teaching resources used within lessons
● Prepare suitable and appropriate emergency lesson Plans which can be used when absent and to monitor their use
● Cover for absent colleagues when required
● Maintain a tidy and well organised classroom and report any damage as appropriate
● Attend staff meetings, committee meetings and level meetings full time.
● Carry out specific allocated duties when you are on duty (T.O.D).
● Participate in and organise extracurricular activities, such as outings, social activities and sporting events.
To be on duty (T.O.D) as per the Campus Schedule from Operation office.
Periodically suggest improvements to the department’s procedure and submit to your supervisor for approval.
Participate and support fellow staff in school mission related activities such as all School Celebration Days throughout the year.
Participate in student selection process, in particular working after hours on rest days and public holidays up to 20 Saturdays per annum.
Perform any other duties as assigned by Head of Department, Manager and Deputy Director and the Employer.
Qualification, Skills and Attributes
Bachelor’s Degree in Education in specific subject.
3+ years of experience teaching- A-level with outstanding performance (for Physics candidates)
Added advantage- If you have placed a class on top 10 National wise
Intermediate to advanced computer skills with demonstrated experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher and Outlook.
An energetic, ethical, well disciplined, appropriate dressing code and friendly attitude with the ability to be flexible, patient, personable, easy going and conduct yourself in a professional manner.
Strong inter-personal and communication skills (written and verbal).
Strong time management skills.
3 Years’ experience with outstanding performance.
ICT skills and fluent English.
Good understanding of School Culture.
Other Recruitment Information
Original Education certificates must be presented during the interview for shortlisted candidates.
How To Apply
Interested Candidates for this job are kindly requested to send their CV accompanied by a Cover Letter to email@example.com Applications should be sent by 24th January 2020. SUBJECT LINE MUST INCLUDE THE REFERENCE NUMBER.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
Other Recruitment Information : ORIGINAL EDUCATION CERTIFICATES MUST BE PRESENTED DURING THE INTERVIEW FOR SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES.
Child Protection Policy : WE ABIDE BY A STRICT CHILD PROTECTION POLICY AND DO NOT TOLERATE ANY ABUSE!