Team Leader at Diageo
About the job
From Arthur Guinness to Johnnie Walker, our business was founded on people of great character, and in 250 years, nothing’s changed. We’re the world’s leading premium alcohol company. Our brands are industry icons. And our success is thanks to the strength of our people, in every role. It’s why we trust them with our legacy. And it’s why we reward them with the career-defining opportunities that they deserve. Our ambition is to create the best performing, most trusted and respected Consumer Products Company in the world. To achieve these, we need the world’s very best people. Feel inspired? Then this may be the opportunity for you.
Serengeti Breweries Limited (SBL) is a fully integrated beverage business in Diageo Africa (supply and demand for beer and spirits) It is a subsidiary of East Africa Breweries Limited (EABL), the largest business unit in Diageo Africa and the largest listed Company on the NSE in Kenya. SBL operates exclusively in Tanzania and is the second largest beer company with a market share of around 25%.
SBL was incorporated in 1988 as Associated Breweries Limited and changed its name to Serengeti Breweries Limited in 2002 and commenced commercial operations in 1996 with one brewery in Dar es Salaam. The company was acquired by EABL in October 2010 and has three breweries located in Dar es Salaam, Mwanza and Moshi.
SBL flagship brand is Serengeti Premium Lager. Other brand portfolios include Guinness and Plisner. Headquartered in Dar es Salaam, SBL is also the distributor of several global Diageo international renowned spirit brands such as Johnnie Walker®, Smirnoff Vodka®, Bailey’s Irish Cream ®, Richot®, Bond 7 Whiskey® and Gilbeys Gin®.
Purpose Of Role
- Work at the tier 1 level to lead and motivate the shift team to take accountability to deliver World Class performance in all aspects of the balanced scorecard (Safety, Quality, Service, and Cost) and morale.
- Ensure that all health, safety and environment, quality, cost and reliability standards are met and driving conformance to regulatory and accreditation standards (e.g.
ISO/HACCP etc.) in packaging.
- Implement significant change within a continuous improvement culture. High level of engagement and leadership and ME methods and tools
- Manage the high level of day-to-day complexities in a complex and busy operational environment to deliver high quality products in a safe manner to plan. This will need a well-developed understanding of the future demand on their lines or area.
- Lead line team in the deployment of MMS practices
- Drive 5S quality standards and relentless compliance to 5S standards. Actively spend 80% of time on shop floor
- Creating/Maintaining a safe working environment and ensure all equipment within packaging is operated jn line with required Enviroment, Health and Safety standards Delivering quality product that meets Diageo specifications to both Internal and external customers
- Maintaining a high level of hygiene of across all packaging equipment and areas around the equipment
- Planning and controlling the production area to ensure delivery that is on time and in full to the agreed schedule
- Reducing waste in the operation to meet or exceed cost targets.
- Coaching and Development of employees jn area of responsibility.
- Establishing continuous improvement as a way of life through the active introduction of operational best practices.
- Active participation in own personal development initiatives as a leader of people.
- Ensure proper application of RCPS through role modelling and leadership. Raise 5 why’s as defined by agreed trigger points and lead situational problem solving on shift.
- Completely accountable for planning and driving the Asset Care agenda for the shift
Qualifications And Experience Required
- Certificate or Diploma in Production Management o Diploma in Engineering/Food Science/Chemisty/Biochemistry is highly preferable
- IBD Diploma in Packaging and/or Brewing Experience
- Atleast Ten (10) years experience with 5 (five) years management experience in a Brewing or Packaging Industry.
- Experience in food or drink manufacturing environment, management of people performance and development and Environmental and Occupational Health and Safety in the food or drink manufacturing industry
Barriers to Success in Role (Optional):
- Lack of people management skills o Lack of communication skills
- Lack of packaging knowledge
Worker Type: Regular
Primary Location: Moshi
Additional Locations :
Job Posting Start Date: 2023-05-09
Leave a Reply