Options Consultancy Services Limited is a leading global health consultancy established in 1992 as a wholly owned subsidiary of Marie Stopes International. We manage health programmes that ensure vulnerable women and children can access the high quality health services they need. We work with partners to co-create and implement locally informed solutions to complex health problems. This includes governments, development partners, NGOs, civil society and health workers. Our programming is flexible, evidence-based and politically informed. This means we adapt to changing contexts, use data to inform our decisions and ensure our approach is appropriate. Our focus is always on building local skills and systems that last.
Deadline Date: Sunday, 23 August 2020
Organization: Options Consultancy Services
Country: United Republic of Tanzania
City: Dar es Salaam
Options Consultancy Services is preparing to bid for the Improving Healthcare in Tanzania (HiT) GIZ programme. We are seeking a Team Leader to provide overall strategic leadership, managerial oversight and technical direction to the programme. The goal of the programme is to improve the quality and quantity of health services, including access through health insurance.
The Healthcare in Tanzania programme will contribute to performance improvement of selected health facilities in neonatal care, including improvement of equipment availability. Supported hospitals will be enabled to establish functional new-born care units and assure adequate treatment to newborns in critical condition. The HiT programme will also contribute to improvement of services for reproductive health, including emergency obstetric and neonatal care and post-partum family planning services in the supported partner health facilities. The focus on improved access to family planning and emergency obstetric (and neonatal) care contributes to ensuring the right to reproductive health and sexual self-determination for especially vulnerable groups.
The Team Leader will be a German speaker and will provide overall strategic leadership, managerial oversight and technical direction to the programme. They will build and maintain strong relationships with GIZ and UNICEF amongst other important stakeholders.
To suceed in this role, you will have:
- Fluent German speaker essential
- Extensive professional experience in the health sector
- 3 or more years clinician experience
- 3 or more years working on improving the quality of care with a focus on reproductive health, maternal or new-born care
- Proven years of management/ leadership experience as project team leader (health project)
- Experience working on projects in lower middle-income countries
- 3 or more years experience in Development Coordination projects
- Proven experience in strategic planning, budgeting, risk management and oversight of significant donor-funded budgets
- Experience in developing and maintaining successful relationships with partnership with a diverse range of organisations, partners and stakeholders
- Experience in developing and managing contracts and compliance matters
- Skills in security, due diligence and quality assurance processes
- Experience working successfully with research practitioners and collaborating on a Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning agenda
- Options is an equal opportunities employer
- Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment
- We seek people who are pro-choice, energetic and enthusiastic about Options’ vision
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please fill in the form here.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview. Interviews will be held on a rolling basis
Please note that the closing date for this vacancy is for guidance only.