Team leader Job opportunity at Chemonics
Team leader | Tanzania | 2020
- Deadline Date: Saturday, 20 June 2020
- Organization: Chemonics
- Country: United Republic of Tanzania
Chemonics seeks a national or international team leader for an anticipated multi-year, DFID-funded education programme in Tanzania. The Shule Bora (quality school) programme seeks to improve quality, inclusiveness, and safety of learning for all 11.5 million girls and boys in government pre-primary and primary schools in Tanzania. In addition to providing support to government systems at the national level, Shule Bora will provide additional focused support to an estimated 4.4 million children in 9 regions. The position will be based in Dodoma and will require travel to other parts of Tanzania. The project is expected to start in March 2021 and conclude in March 2027. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide overall technical and operational oversight of the programme
- Oversee technical deliverables and implementation of project activities
- Provide leadership to and supervise the senior management team, technical and administrative staff, and sub-awardees
- Maintain a strong working relationship with DFID and key programme stakeholders
- Ensure appropriate performance management to deliver the programme
- Oversee programme work planning, financial management, risk management, monitoring and evaluation, strategic communications, and evidence generation
- Bachelor’s degree in education, social science, international development, or a related discipline is required. Advanced degree in education or relevant discipline is preferred
- Track record of progressive responsibility, and at least ten years of professional experience managing large (£30m+), complex, donor-funded education and/or national system/institutional reform projects of similar scale, scope and complexity in developing countries, including as team leader/chief of party
- Familiarity of working closely with central government ministries to implement reforms; build capacity in data analysis, planning, resource allocation and budget disbursement; and/or improve public financial management
- Experience supporting the implementation of Payment for Results (PforR) mechanisms is strongly preferred
- Experience taking a holistic approach when intervening in schools (i.e. working at different levels of the school environment to maximise effectiveness, specifically: teaching, management, leadership, and community
- Demonstrated international thought leadership in the field of international education and specifically pre-primary and primary education is preferred
- Experience delivering gender- and disability-sensitive/transformative pedagogy and enhancing school safety
- Experience managing programmes in an adaptive and iterative way that draws on systems thinking, political economy analysis, and generating/using evidence and lessons learned to inform programme delivery
- Experience leading large teams
- Experience collaborating and building partnerships with host country governments, UK government agencies, donor agencies, and international organisations
- Experience working on DFID-funded projects is strongly preferred
- Geographical experience and knowledge of the education sector in East Africa and particularly in Tanzania is preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English is required. A working knowledge of Swahili would be an advantage
Please apply through the following link: https://chemonicsuk.formstack.com/forms/tanzania_shule_bora_team_leader_application No telephone inquiries, please. Only finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.