* Master’s in Development studies, Agriculture or other relevant qualification, or equivalent experience.
* Extensive experience and knowledge of programming, Youth Employment and entrepreneurship including vocational and agricultural related skills training; enterprise development; market-led approaches.
* Proven experience of securing external funding and grants, including proposal development. Evidence of understanding the challenges of donor and contract management and the implications for programme management.
* Proven experience in financial management, including building a budget, monitoring and managing expenditure. Experience of having compiled financial reports.
* Excellent understanding and demonstrated experience of project cycle management, organisational assessment, planning and M&E tools and processes.
* Experience of compiling donor reports.
* Leadership and people management skills; including handling complex situations to an effective conclusion; experience of developing, coaching and managing high performing teams.
* Self-motivated, ability to use own initiative, flexibility.
* Strong representation and negotiation skills; ability to negotiate and maintain relations with external stakeholders.
* Oral and written fluency in English, with ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of audiences.
* Able to adapt to new and demanding situations, with experience of living and working in developing countries.
* Able to travel, including work away from the home base for up to 30% of time, both within the country and occasionally internationally with some weekend and evening work.
* Excellent coordination and planning skills with experience of working under pressure. Time management skills.
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY